PDA

View Full Version : Sweet or Savoury?

Pages : [1] 2

Mystic
Jan 16th, 2005, 11:20 PM
I have noticed that a lot of people have a different style 'tooth'. I for one, have an unquestionably sweet tooth (dates :D ). My boyfriend on the other hand loves his peanuts, crisps and other salty, potatoish things (with a little choccy and ice cream as well :rolleyes: )

What about everyone else? Sweet or Savoury?

foxytina_69
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:45 AM
savoury... potatoes/starches/saltyness anytime for me!

LyricSarah
Jan 17th, 2005, 03:39 AM
I go through phases....for a while I had a crazy sweet tooth...all I wanted was chocolate soy milk, prunes, peanut butter mixed with jelly.....and lots and lots of chocolatey things....oh...and gummy candies like dots..i know they are so bad for you but i was ADDICTED soo yummy...nowwww, Im craving really salty things like salty popcorn and tamari almonds. Does it mean anything if youre craving salt????

Roxy
Jan 17th, 2005, 03:49 AM
I go through stages too. Somtimes I really crave salty foods and end up having chips and hummus to satisfy the craving.

Other times it's chocolate that I crave and I always have some hanging around the apartment for when I might "need" it lol.

I think it depends on my hormones, although I haven't really kept track of that.

LyricSarah
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:18 AM
During my freshman and sohpomore years in college...I remember that I wouold HAVE to have a piece of dark chocolate EVERY night....I had a supply next to my computer...it was like a night cap...not a whole lot...just a piece...i was like a drug or something! hmm...i wonder if you can become addicted to chocolate :D

eve
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I just have a 'fruit' tooth! Not into chocs or chips!

Gorilla
Jan 17th, 2005, 08:38 AM
i prefer savoury foods. when i was younger (like a lot of people i think) i used to really love sweet things. but more recently i've found i have less of a taste for chocolate, ice cream, cake etc. on the occasions when i'm craving something sweet i eat lots of fruit. i prefer to eat things like nuts, houmous, crisps (potato chips) but try not to eat too much because they're not so healthy. i love vegetable soups which are a bit better for me. :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Jan 17th, 2005, 08:42 AM
HeHe, I am the opposite, Gorilla! I was always a savoury girl, til I hit my late teens, then I discovered Chocolate would give me an energy boost - I got hooked!

Leigh
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I think mostly I'm a savoury girl. I seem to crave potato crisps mostly. Although, I do have something of an addiction to chocolate Fruccio 'ice cream'!

Mystic
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I just have a 'fruit' tooth! Not into chocs or chips!

That would be a sweet tooth - I eat lots of dates coz I like sugar

Kiva Dancer
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Savory tooth, here. Can't stand sweet things. I don't know why.

PinkLogik
Jan 18th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Depends on my mood, (and the time of the month!) I'm craving sweet things just now, but I'm fighting it, by eating fruit instead. I've cut my sugar intake right down, and have stopped having sugar in my coffee (which I thought I'd never ever manage to do).

It's funny, I know a few people who love their savory stuff: crisps, crackers, peanuts....

If I crave anyhting savory, it tends to be cashew nuts (unsalted), and red skin peanuts (again unsalted).

I have a weekness for those dairy free tangerine flavour chocolate bars (made by sweet william) - anyone tried those? I don't eat them often though...

MzNatural
Jan 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I’ll pass on the chips. I never liked them. I definitely like dishes such as chowder, stuffed squash, mushroom Balti, vegetarian curry, vegetable stews, etc.

feline01
Jan 18th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Give me savoury!! Spuds, good whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, nuts etc. Not that I avoid the sweet, unfortunately, I still have that as well but much prefer savoury.

veganblue
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Definitely savory! I just have no desire for sweet things like soft drinks, cakes, jams, etc. The only sweet things I can thinkof eating recently would be vegan fruit cake made by Mum.... oh and mango's and banana's.

Tofu Monster
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:49 PM
i love both sweet and savoury! and you're making me want some! someone just gimme some nice stuff NOW dammit!

Leigh
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:56 AM
I have a weekness for those dairy free tangerine flavour chocolate bars (made by sweet william) - anyone tried those? I don't eat them often though...

Neptunes, I love those too!! TO-DIE-FOR!! I actually bought two for myself when I was house-sitting at my sister's and promptly put them in the freezer and forgot all about them :( Oh well, it'll be a nice treat when I go over there next :)

Mystic
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:16 AM
I love those tangerine chocolate bars too :p . They taste like Terry's Chocolate Orange (non vegan choc that I used to eat). I don't eat them much either coz they are not the healthiest of things but they are very delicious. Also, I am allergic to caffiene, so I have been told that choc has caffiene in it - not sure about soy choc though?

Poison Ivy
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:35 PM
For me it really depends on my mood, sometimes its savoury/salty things like nuts, crisps and chips other times nothing hits the spot finer than some good vegan cookies and cakes :D

Mozbee
Jun 8th, 2005, 05:36 PM
When I'm snacking I tend to go for the choccie option, Sesame Snaps covered in plain chocolate are handy to have around!

puffin
Jun 9th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Sweet for me. Dried fruit and chocolate are my favourite. I used to love crisps but i gave them up so i had more time to eat chocolate :)

Mozbee
Jun 9th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Crisps are awkward to remove from between keypad keys too!

puffin
Jun 9th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Crisps are awkward to remove from between keypad keys too!
He he, so are biscuit crumbs :)

Mozbee
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Better just stick to cho...co...late, oh dear then some us might need a drool barrier!:D

puffin
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:17 PM
maybe we should invent some sort of chin attachment just incase ;)