PDA

View Full Version : going to NY this summer, anyone renting apartms? recommned somwhere 2 stay? t

cacatua
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a London (UK) girl going to NY this summer, I'm arriving on the 28th of JUly and will be leaving on the 10th of August.

I was wondering if anyone here has an apartment they rent out/knows anyone who does/ or can recommend an affordable place to stay.:)

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

C.

pearlgirl00
Mar 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
where exactly in new york? the city?

bryzee86
Mar 5th, 2010, 10:57 PM
We rented an apartment in a hotel (best western hospitality house) via apartments2book when we first went, and loved it. Also, I've heard that the Radio City Apartments are very good (check out the reviews for both on Tripadvisor.com, and look on the forums about private apartment rentals - it is banned by bye-laws and fiercely opposd by locals).

Additionally, I have stayed at the Salisbury hotel (hotel room with small kitchenette) and it was a very enjoyable experience.

cacatua
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the advice Bryzee!

I was wondering how you went about payments before you went?
I've read banks like natwest charge a lot for payments by card not only for the exchange but other charges too...
I was wondering if it's worth opening a santander 0% account for payments in the US...
Does anyone know if it's the same charges paying by card as by check?

Sorry for late reply Pearlgirl!, I'm going to NY city, it's my first time so I don't know which neighboorhoods are good...
Anywhere that is either near places I'm going to want to visit(touristy..though I hate to say it!) or that's well connected ...
I'm not sure what publioc transport id like over there, but if it's not too far/expensive too travel from NY outskirts in to the city then I'm happy. :)