PDA

View Full Version : Odwalla bars and other meal bars

Chiyou
Mar 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I have a thing for Odwalla chocolate peanut bars and other varities of course but I'm wondering if it's ok to eat these kinda of things everyday considering I don't eat very much and I don't eat chocolates or anything sugary..How do you guys feel about Odwalla or any other meal bars? curious on your opinion.

keikilanipulama76
Mar 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Personally, I don't eat Odwalla because quite a few of their bars use alkali processing.

I don't eat meal bars every day--maybe once a week. They are high in sugar, sodium, and fat.

You say you don't eat much...when you do eat, you should eat food that isn't processed. It's always better to eat actual food that you cook, but I understand sometimes that isn't always convenient.

I like LARA Bars and Black Cherry Almond Cliff bars. These have more fat than Odwalla bars, but don't use alkali (if that bothers you).

missbettie
Mar 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
i eat them as snacks, or as breakfast very very rarely. I don't feel like its enough calories to replace a full meal, but they are better than nothin in a pinch! I really like cliff bars. Odwalla just don't fill me up enough. I tend to eat a ton of fruit with them.

Chiyou
Mar 31st, 2010, 05:52 AM
Actually these peanut chocolate odwalla bars are vegan and don't have alkai in them I'm pretty sure of that and I don't eat any others besides the original anyways.I do not eat processed foods I typically eat veggies,rice,Asian noodles,hummus,fruits,lentils,potatoes,leeks,veggi e burgers,wheat breads and in a pretty small portion cause I'm just the type to eat in varities and I typically have to snack at least once every hour or so little snacks.I've never seen any larva bars where I live I have a wegmans and that's the best I can get with whole and organic foods.

fiamma
Oct 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
The cereal bars available here in Italy are generally pretty rubbish; you either get the mass processed Nestlé or Kelloggs ones (which include milk), or they're tiny, expensive and full of sugar. My mum, bless her, is always sending me little packages with Nakd bars and similar stuff, but I'd like to order some bars in bulk, and I want something that's vegan, as healthy/natural as possible, good value for money and something that tastes good!

What do you all recommend? Clif or Larabars? If so, what flavours? (I know this is subjective :-) I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences. TIA :)