foxytina_69
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:43 AM
are banana chips raw?

Mystic
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
No - they are baked and usually with honey

foxytina_69
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM
well that sucks cause i just ate a handful of them lol.

harpy
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I think I have seen banana chips that were "sun-dried" - would that be better from a raw food point of view?

Vora
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I don't know for the other countries, but in French Caribbean grocer’s shop you can find plantin banana chips (salty, sometimes sweet) and they’re honey-free… (just fried with palm oil). They’re really yummy ! ^^

foxytina_69
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I think I have seen banana chips that were "sun-dried" - would that be better from a raw food point of view?

ill keep an eye out. theyre a good replacement for chips :) im also going to try making my own.

foxytina_69
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:29 PM
well i sliced up a banana and am dehydrating the slices now. i bet they'll be good.

Gorilla
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM
i bought some dried banana chips, and they were the hardest, chewiest things i have ever attempted to eat! the packet said soaking them beforehand softened them up but this didn't seem to help! i think they were sun-dried or something, they were quite thick and looked like shrivelled slices of banana, not like the thin golden toasted ones. i like those but i'm not sure if you can get them without the honey.

Mystic
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I have always hated banana chips - cooked banana always made me want to be sick coz it enhanced a 'ripened' flavour, which I have never liked. I like bananas as is!!!!!