PDA

View Full Version : Vegan marshmallows sale

Pages : [1] 2

alisont
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Have been asked to post on behalf of a friend who has told me about a great offer/deal for vegan marshmallows!

Vegan marshmallows are now being sold on ebay - mis-shapes ones at reduced prices.

The idea of this is that money raised from the sale of the mis-shapes will go to help a dog rescue that is really struggling.

I wont put the direct link but if you Put" vegan marshmallows" in the search on Ebay & there they are! Bag of 4 flavours, £1.99.( Website is Sweet Vegan if anyone wants to check out the ingreds)

I tried some of these recently at a fundraising event and they really are good - mis-shapes are ideal for hot choc topping or rocky road style bars!

Just ordered 3 bags myself for me and friends:)

Please cross post/tell friends!

bellybuddha
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
yay, thanks for the tip. Have always wanted to try vegan marshmallows.
Have ordered 2 bags.

Risker
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Sold out!

alisont
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Sold out!

:eek: I know people off some rescue forums I also posted on got some too - think there will be more when available - will email friend and find out:)

alisont
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Just to say these are out of stock at the mo but more will be listed on Sunday!

Marrers
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I managed to order 2 bags yesterday, thanks for the tip off.

Enchantress
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I ordered a bag too. Thanks for telling us, Ali.

alisont
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Glad you got some - there will be more soon!

They are so yummy and the proceeds of these mis-shapes go to a struggling dog rescue:)

harpy
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I don't like marshmallows but I might buy some anyway as I know someone who'll be interested.

Perhaps they should mention the dog rescue on the listing, Alison, as it might be good for business? Also I think if the rescue is a registered charity eBay will do a special deal http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebayforcharity/help.html Apologies if the friend already knows this.

Risker
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
They're very tasty :)

alisont
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
They are indeed - I love the strawberry ones and the vanilla are great on top of Montezumas hot choc:D

Just found out the charity the funds are going to:

http://www.puppiesanimalrescue.moonfruit.com/ (http://www.puppiesanimalrescue.moonfruit.com/)#

bellybuddha
Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:09 PM
whoo hoo got my marshmallows today. Can't believe how yummy they are. Going to order some more. They are amazing!

helen105281
Mar 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Just bought 2 packs.

harpy
Mar 24th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I bought some as well after working out that there were several separate listings of different flavours all from the same person - didn't fancy banana somehow!

helen105281
Mar 24th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I got banana as that was all I could see and I love banana stuff anyway. There were other listings today but didn't look like the same person.

harpy
Mar 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Oh dear - hope I haven't ordered the wrong ones :eek: Will go and look again.

I like bananas but for some reason I'm not so keen on things flavoured with bananas. Picky, moi?

ETA they seem to be from the same seller, so fingers crossed.

Marrers
Mar 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM
When I ordered they had to contact me to ask what flavours I wanted so perhaps they've done separate listings to make things clearer. (But how many misshapes can there be? Are they just chopping up normal ones?!)

Mr Flibble
Mar 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Possibly. Their mishapen price isn't that great, considering the amount you get (gram for gram vs others).

suzanne
Mar 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I bought the coconut ones yesterday, can't wait :tongue_ani:

Cherry
Mar 24th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Possibly. Their mishapen price isn't that great, considering the amount you get (gram for gram vs others).

I think it's pretty good. £1.99 for 150g rather than £4.99 for 200g. Also, the postage on ebay is only 90p, so if you've ordered two bags (like I just did :D) it's only £5.78 for 300g, and if you ordered a mere 200g from their website it's £7.63, I think. I don't mind a bit that they're funny shapes...

When I ordered they had to contact me to ask what flavours I wanted so perhaps they've done separate listings to make things clearer. (But how many misshapes can there be? Are they just chopping up normal ones?!)

... or if they're making them deliberately mis-shaped :D I hope they realise that they make more money if they sell them more cheaply and lower the price.

Ruby Rose
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I bought 4 bags (I know, I know - but I want them for decorating cakes this weekend... if I can stop Mr Rose from guzzling them by Saturday), and she put them all in one box so I paid £2.65 for postage and just under £8 for 600g of marshmallows. I'm happy with how that works out in terms of price.

pusskins
Mar 25th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Mmmm mmmm MMMMMMMM! Just got my bag of banana flavoured marshmallows - OMG! They are amazing! Am going to order vanilla when there are more on ebay. Thank you so much, alisont! And thank your friend! Affordable vegan marshmallows! Can I get any more excited?! I THINK NOT!

alisont
Mar 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
:D happy customers!

Ive been told there will be listings on ebay on a regular basis - Im going to have to order coconut next time but strawberry my fave so far!

bellybuddha
Mar 26th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Mmm I've just ordered another four packs of marshmallows. 2 strawberries, vanilla and banana. Can't wait. They are so yummy and ever so soft. Definetly worth paaying £1.99 for. I think that's pretty decent.

pusskins
Mar 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
No listings at the moment :( ;) Gotta scratch that itch!