PDA

View Full Version : PingPong dimsum

refinnej
Mar 24th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I just got a freebie (£10..see here: http://www.pingpongdimsum.com/loyalty-card) from this place. Has anyone had experience there or know what's vegan?

mariana
Mar 25th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I don't know, but let us know if you do find out! One opened last year near where I lived at the time, and I always meant to stop in and inquire if they had vegan options but never got around to it and now don't live near it anymore. Would still want to try it if they do have any interesting vegan options.

refinnej
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Sent off an email, so we'll see. There are like 30 of them in greater London, I think. £10 free = not a bad deal either. :D

refinnej
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM
That was fast. They had a ready-list of vegan items, even:

Cold Selection
__________ 267. The Sichuan Vegetable Selection V £2.49

Nibbles
__________ 264. Maodou V £0.99
__________ 265. Chinese spicy nuts V £1.19

Soups
__________ 196. Mixed mushroom soup V £3.99

Steamed
__________ 17. Spicy vegetable dumpling V £3.49
__________ 126. Crunchy golden dumpling V £3.69

Baked
__________ 281. Hoi sin vegetable puff V £3.59

Griddled
__________ 177. Spicy basil and rice noodles V £3.29
__________ 225. Spinach and mushroom dumpling V £3.59

Steamed dumplings
__________ 270. Spicy basil and rice noodles V £3.29
__________ 15. Spinach and mushroom dumpling V £3.59

Fried
__________ 28. Vegetable spring roll V £3.29

Clay pots
__________ 212. Seasonal vegetables and coconut rice bowl V £4.79

Steamed buns
__________ 25. Vegetable bun V £3.89

Sticky rice
__________ 38. Vegetarian V £3.79

Vegetables
__________ 75. Pak choy V £3.79
__________ 190. Gai lan with shallots and soy sauce V £3.79

Special sauces
__________ 167. Sauce platter V £1.79

Chef’s Special
__________ 280. Mooli slices V £2.99

Desserts
__________ 53. Sorbet V £3.99

Sorry about the formatting...tried to clean up my copy/paste a bit there. Looks like a fairy decent selection.

harpy
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:11 PM
That's quite a good selection, thanks for investigating and posting, refinnej

I would be interested to know what it's like if anyone goes - I used to like dim sum and I quite often go past one of their branches, the one by Hungerford Bridge.

bellybuddha
Mar 25th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Ping Pong has got quite a few good vegan dim sum but the service is absolutely atrocious! the first and last time I went my friend and I had our dim sum at different times and we ended up watching at least three groups of people order, eat and finish who were sitting opposite to us. We went in at 6pm and we came out at 9pm. I joke you not. Why on earth we didn't complain at the time is beyond me. I hope they have changed and are more in the know of what they are doing for your visit there.

veganatheist78
Mar 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I ate there not long ago and was quite disappointed. The vegetarian items I ordered were bland and uninteresting. But at least I didn't end up with food poisoning like several of the omnis I went with. I wouldn't go back.

bellybuddha
Mar 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I ate there not long ago and was quite disappointed. The vegetarian items I ordered were bland and uninteresting. But at least I didn't end up with food poisoning like several of the omnis I went with. I wouldn't go back.

Oh dear, not enough defrosting and steaming on their part then eh?