PDA

View Full Version : yorkshire vegans

Storm33
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
hi all, sorry if this aint the correct place to put this....feeling a bit like the only vegan in the village:p
any vegans in the yorkshire region, really could do with a chat with sane people...any ideas where to find like minded people nearby
wanna do a vegan come dine with me, anyone up for it

RachelJune
Mar 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hiya, not sure whereabouts in Yorkshire you are, but we have an active and friendly local group here in Leeds. There are quite a few of us actually :) Take a look at our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=5383303426&ref=ts (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/group.php?gid=5383303426&ref=ts)

veganyork
Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hi,
We are having 2 events in York which might be of interest - just a short train ride from Scarborough!

Wine and Vegan Cheese Night
Friday 9th July
7:30pm – 9:30pm
Priory Street Centre, 15 Priory St, York, YO1 6ET

• Informal friendly atmosphere, no prior knowledge necessary
• Taste lots of animal-free wines
• Sample over 10 alternatives to dairy cheese
• Listen to a short talk about vegan wine and food pairings
• FREE! (donations very welcome/bring a bottle to share)
Please reserve your place by contacting Meg
Email: falafelnose@yahoo.com Phone: 01904 653633

Vegan Picnic in the Park
Saturday 17th July
From 1pm
Near the Abbey, Museum Gardens, York

• Come and enjoy a social lunch whatever the weather
• Bring your own food or bring food to share
• Find out more about the vegan diet and try new dishes
• Meet new people
• Free and there will be cake!
Just turn up, or let Meg know you are coming
Email: falafelnose@yahoo.com Phone: 01904 653633

genisis
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,Im in south yorkshire,sheffield to be exact. i see that you are scarborough.Not that close to each other :-( but feel free to pm me :-)

Mollfie
Oct 27th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I don't live in Yorkshire, just go up to visit family every so often. But if you're anywhere near York I strongly suggest going to El Piano, it's all vegan tapaps and DELICIOUS!! The staff are lovely too.

leedsveg
Feb 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Can I just give a mention to the Nutmeg Cafe (http://www.nutmegcafe.co.uk/) in Scarborough where Mrs Lv and I had an excellent meal yesterday.

Started off with organic split pea soup, main course was organic beetroot wild rice biryani and finished off with blueberry cheesecake with ice-cream.

Only a small place with about 6 tables but there is a fair amount of choice, the food is always fresh and very tasty and Elaine at front of house, could not be friendlier. Not expensive either.:thumbsup:

Leedsveg

Festered
Feb 9th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I don't live in Yorkshire anymore, but I am from Leeds (Calverley area) originally :)

leedsveg
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I don't live in Yorkshire anymore, but I am from Leeds (Calverley area) originally :)

Calverley is just up the road from us Bramley folk.:thumbsup:

I've only ever lived in 2 places: Israel and the Promised Land (Yorkshire).:D

lv