PDA

View Full Version : tina's raw vegetable crackers

foxytina_69
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:16 PM
this recipe i just made by throwing things into a proccesser and then dehydrating them. if you dont care if theyre raw, than u should just bake them, instead of dehydrating.

veggie crackers

1 cup walnuts (that have been soaked 2 hours or more)
1/4 cup corn
1/4 medium tomato
1 sundried tomato half
1 green onion
1/4 of 1 medium to small onion
1/2 clove garlic
a good dash of dill weed and pepper

throw all ingredients into blender. blend until smooth with a few chunks left. spoon onto greased baking sheet, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, and place in oven at lowest setting with door open. dehydrate until crisp. (or bake in oven until crispy) flip when top is crisp, and continue dehydrating/baking until crisp.

these are so delicious. they taste like the vegetable thin crackers you can buy.

adam antichrist
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Forgive my ignorance Tina, but are walnuts raw when you buy them or are they roasted? I have never thought about it before :o

DianeVegan
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:07 PM
You can buy almost all nuts raw or toasted. If it doesn't state "raw" or "roasted" on the label then check the ingredients list which will tell you.

peaches22
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM
That sounds crazy; I should try it! I've never made anything as interesting as crackers before. Crackers have always confounded me a bit; I've always wondered why nobody ever made them. I guess people do. That's so cool.

foxytina_69
Oct 18th, 2005, 10:37 AM
exactly what diana said :)

mmmm these crackers sound so yummy. i forgot about them. i remember them now. they are delish!