PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Near the Seattle, WA area?

King
Apr 1st, 2010, 09:03 AM
Because I am in the Tacoma area for about a week and i know nobody other than my cousin this close to the coast. So if anyone is around lemme know!

King
Apr 6th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Change of plans. I guess I am living here permanently!

fondducoeur
Apr 7th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Really?
If so...you are lucky. I absolutely love Seattle. I will be going there for my honeymoon next month!

King
Apr 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Really?
If so...you are lucky. I absolutely love Seattle. I will be going there for my honeymoon next month!

Yeah really!
And congrats on the Marriage! :D

Pflanzenfresser
Apr 9th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I live in Vancouver (WA) now, but i'm from the Seattle area. I really miss the veg restaurants there...i haven't explored too much in Portland yet, but there was some great stuff up there. One of my favorite restaurants ever is the Teapot Vegetarian House.

Are you going to be there this weekend then? If so, you should check out VegFest! http://www.vegofwa.org/vegfest/ I'm going up there tomorrow for it. I went to the first one years ago (2002? somewhere around there) and it was pretty cool for their first event, but i volunteered a couple years ago and it had grown tremendously. I can't even imagine how huge it's going to be this year. The crowd does make it a little, er, uncomfortable, but it is SO encouraging to see that many people interested in the veg lifestyle now!

I'm honestly not trying to "advertise", i guess it sounds like i am, lol. Just wanted to let you know since you're apparently going to be in the area. :D

lovingthegreen
Apr 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Vegfest was awesome. I went and all the samples ... wow. :D It was so packed.

I'm in Seattle (University District) and am loving it here. Moved here in November and am planning to settle here for the foreseeable future.

MariaTrekker
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Seattle has great vegan dining choices and wonderful breakfast. Check HappyCow.

fondducoeur
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I wish Veg Fest would have been when we were there...our honeymoon was the first week of June.

Seattle is awesome, though. Our favorite food places there are Plum Bistro (a somewhat upscale vegan place) and Pizza Pi (all vegan pizzeria with the best calzones ever...located in the U District). So good.

Other places we hit up were Araya's (an asian vegan place), Cyber Dogs (all vegetarian hot dog joint), and the Mighty O (all vegan doughnut shop...unfortunately they were getting ready to close and only had cinnamon sugar left).

In addition to its vegan friendly nature, Seattle is just in a gorgeous area. We spent time hiking and just being outside despite the drizzle. It was great.

Enjoy the city, lovingthegreen; I am a tad envious!

christinels
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
On the off chance anyone still reads this thread, I'm in Seattle, WA too. Moved here from Buffalo, NY. LOVE IT.

Araya's is fantastic. I've got a Living Social voucher to Sage Cafe. Heard good things about Hillside Quickies. Pizza Pi is good, healthiest pizza I'd ever eaten. There's a couple other vegan joints, but I haven't made it there yet.