PDA

View Full Version : Co-op iced buns and doughnuts are vegan

AliBlack
Apr 9th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Just posting for those who don't know! The buns are labelled vegan and I phoned to ask if the doughnuts are and they are, they couldn't tell me if the instore fruit pies are though.

bryzee86
Apr 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Caution though: the 2 iced fingers are vegan, as are the raspberry jam ones. BUT the pack of 5-or-so plain iced buns have milk in.

AliBlack
Apr 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Raspberry jam ones, ooh I don't have those here, drool..
The iced buns which ARE vegan are labelled vegan :)
Thanks for the caution :)

Caution though: the 2 iced fingers are vegan, as are the raspberry jam ones. BUT the pack of 5-or-so plain iced buns have milk in.

veganwitch
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
SO jealous of you UK'ers :(

beanstew
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
The raspberry jam ones are super yum. Hmmm, a trip to the local Co-op is sounding like a good idea right now. :)

refinnej
May 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for posting this. Do you know if this is at all Co-Ops? Ours used to label the doughnuts as suitable for vegetarians/vegans, but they don't any longer. I have noticed that some of the pies are vegan friendly, though I've never bought any.

psychocandy
May 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
The ones in my local co-op (was a somerfield) are vegan, i'm nr Manchester. They are nice but i only buy them when they are at reduced price near the end of the day ha :)

refinnej
May 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Dude. They only cost 85p! :p

psychocandy
May 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
haha really? i'm sure they are more than that... will look next time i'm there but hey i feel acomplished getting a cheap bargain :D