PDA

View Full Version : Pure Organic Dairy Free Spread Discontinued

johnb
Apr 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi People

Kerry Foods who make Pure have discontinued the organic version of their spread. This was the best tasting of the three margarines they make and tasted (as far as i can remember) the most like butter.

Please could anyone else who uses this product contact Kerry foods to ask them to reintroduce the product.

Letters are always most effective if you have time, if not a phone call or an email would be great.

Contact details

Kerry Foods,
Ossett
WF5 8NE

ROI:

PO BOX 618
Pouladuff
Cork City

TELEPHONE 0800 028 4499

Email: info@puredairyfree.co.uk

Mr Flibble
Apr 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
D'oh. I agree - blue was best. It's been difficult to find in supermarkets for a while.

jj
Apr 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
It wasn't seeling very well Im told & was rather pricy for may ppl
The good news is the coop are now selling pure in most stores although its £1.20 rather than £1 in the larger supermarkets.

It must be selling well as usually there are only a couple left on the shelf

jj

hullabaloo
Apr 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I prefer the sunflower one myself. I've never tried the organic one as I thought it had palm oil in it?

Enchantress
Apr 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM
All the Pure spreads contain palm oil, although it may be listed as "vegetable oil" in the ingredients.

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=618354&postcount=7

hullabaloo
Apr 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for that I had no idea!

Mr Flibble
Apr 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM
was rather pricy for may ppl

Given the cost per serving, the difference was negligible. A tub of marg lasts us several weeks.

DavidT
Apr 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I've emailed words of disappointment to them.

DavidT
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I got this reply:

We understand your disappointment and have forwarded your comments
to the Pure Brand Manager. Should the situation change anytime in the near
future we will let you know.

I let them know that I will not willingly buy any food that is not organic, which puts their other spreads out of the picture.

MarkAnthony
Jun 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
This explains why I haven't been able to find this for some time, damn it. I think the only other spreads I particularly liken are obscure health-food shop orientated one and the M&S one. Going to have to do some shopping research.

Mr Flibble
Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Looks like they are bringing out a new olive spread.....