PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding/Powerlifting

britdoc
Apr 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hey all,

After a lifetime of eating great amounts of meat, dairy, eggs and other sources of protein because of the above mentioned sports, I finally decided that enough was enough (for health, ecological and ethical reasons) and became ...almost... a vegan.

I say 'almost' because although I eat an essentially vegan diet, we visit family a lot and although they try to accomodate me, I can't say that they are entirely vegan in their cooking (I KNOW my mother-in-law sneaks butter, cream, milk and cheese into her recipes despite what she says) and I currently can't refuse to eat anything she (and the rest of my large extended family) cooks, with the exception of obvious meat/fish courses.

My question has turned into a 2 pointed one, after all that. How do you handle semi-supportive family, as described, and are there any serious athletes out there that lift/train extremely heavy? I have been eating like this for more than a month now and feel great, with a significant reduction in body fat and no strength/size loss, but was wondering if there is anyone out there like me and what their long term experience has been like.

Thanks,

BD