PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Mozarella

Pages : 1 [2]

Veganbear
May 20th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know if these cheeses can be frozen? I know real cheese can be frozen (like on frozen pizzas), but I don't know about not real cheese.

DianeVegan
May 20th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Freezing will alter the texture once thawed. Grate or slice while still partially frozen for best results. Also, don't use a food processor above, use a blender.

Veganbear
Jun 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I just made the Monterey cheese yesterday and I cannot believe how good it turned out!! And it even MELTS!! I ate more than half of it already. I brought some cheese to work for lunch, and this guy at my table asked what it was and I told him and asked if he wanted to try some. I told him it was Monterey Jack, but it's been so long since I had it that I didn't know if it really tasted like it or not. He said it did. I can't wait to try the other cheese recipes!

Windfall
Oct 8th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Does anyone have the Uncheese cookbook and would like to help me out by posting a recipe? I was just about to make Montery Jack chhez but forgot the book is in a box somewhere in Glasgow! :(

Thanks!

piggy
Oct 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have the Uncheese cookbook and would like to help me out by posting a recipe? I was just about to make Montery Jack chhez but forgot the book is in a box somewhere in Glasgow! :(

Thanks!

i second that....i would love to try out the monterey jack myself...

also, what would u guys use as a substitute for miso in these recipes? i don't have any way of getting miso here... :(