PDA

View Full Version : Vegan cornetto style icecreams

virgogirl77
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new, a vegan from Australia.
I'm visiting London at the moment and the last time I was here I saw some vegan cornetto style drum stick icecreams in a Holland and Barretts. I can't seem to find them this time around, so was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can find some good vegan icecreams (not tubs or cones that you buy in cafes individually) in London. Thanks for any advice :)

Mr Flibble
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure I'd describe any of those that are available as being good......

H&B usually sell them. Vx tweeted that they've started selling them this week: http://www.secretsocietyofvegans.co.uk/shop/

virgogirl77
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the reply :)
We've not really got much of a range of this sort of thing in Australia, so i am keen to try while I am over here.
I will check out the link you posted, it looks great :)

Mr Flibble
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
No problem. You can contact the guy who runs the shop and check he has them / price if you want:

http://twitter.com/ssov

virgogirl77
Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
perfect, i will definitely do that (and grab a few things that will survive the flight home too wile i am there) thanks!! :)

mariana
Jun 5th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I was at Vx yesterday and they had the vegan cornetto ice cream. It's something to try once but I'm not a huge fan (the cones always seem to be a bit soggy). But there are lots of lovely biscuits, cakes, etc. at Vx, so definitely try some and stock up on stuff to take home. :)

Annie M. Green
Jun 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cornetto-style, but I saw some vegan ice cream in cones in Holland and Barrett in Walworth Road (south london). they were 6 in a box i think. not sure if this is what you're looking for.

cobweb
Jun 6th, 2010, 09:32 AM
i love the Swedish Glace ones, the vanilla with strawberry swirls, mmmm
me and my son think the Tofutti Rock n Roll cones look good (like Cornettos) but taste like eating snow.