PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

assilembob
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Anyone here done your taxes yet...
I just did mine and am not happy at all. I paid out almost $5000 and only got back $1000. Last year I paid out just under $3000 and got back $1400. This is total bunk. I was in major need of at least $1500 to make bills and get new glasses. Blah.

~Mel

eve
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:13 AM
My income is too low to pay taxes! :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:20 AM
I am waiting for a £1,500 rebate, so I can pay my debts and bills. Oh, I so wish it would hurry up!
I would like to buy some new glasses, too!

Artichoke47
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I'll probably owe about $4,000 more, and I already sent in plenty more than that. I don't like taxes. :)

feline01
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Still waiting for my W2, my job waits until the last possible day to give them out (Jan 31st). Anticipate diddly-squat refund but better than owing.

Wildflower
Jan 31st, 2005, 12:55 AM
i wanted new glasses too.

But really, I am hoping to have enough to pay my charge card.

Kiva Dancer
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
When I was having mine done last year, they started by asking if I would like to contribute a dollar to the presidental campaign. I said "I wouldn't pay so much as a penny to that cheatin' son of a b**ch!" before I could stop myself. :eek:

I thought I had said it quietly enough so that the tax preparer could hear me but appearantly, my voice BOOMED all over the office because my guy started jetting his elbow into my ribs and the tax preparer went blush at the same time.

I haven't done my taxes this year but I expect I'll get hammered just like I do every year. :(

MzNatural
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I am getting mine out of the way next weekend.

Koolvedge
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM
One definition in the Franklin Dictionary for freedom is: Not Taxed! others are: Independent; Untethered; Voluntary; Given without charge. Just thinking.........but it seems that we all are forced to pay them {taxes}, which I think would make the word "extortion".

Bodybuilder
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I just finished mine on Monday. I have to pay $7 total. It is nice to have them done with and not have to worry about them anymore.

Jane M
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I dream of the day I will actually receive a refund....sigh....:o

DancingWillow
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I dream of the day I will actually receive a refund....sigh....:o
Have you checked online to see how far they've gotten processing your documents?

Last year, I was waiting for my refund and I decided to check online. I spent a long time typing in different "serious" keywords: "tax refund status," etc and couldn't find the link (you know how confusing and busy the IRS website is!)...I was so frustrated, so I just typed "Where's my money?" in the search field and the link came right up...LOL:D

Jane M
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Oh now that is funny!!!!:D

FR
Apr 14th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Excpet me, it seems. I always owe. :mad:

mophoto
Apr 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
i am such a dumbass! i got my state return a month ago and thought my federal return was lost in the mail. i was frantic-
you can check online, it said my federal return was sent out march 17th and if i didn't get it i couldn't contact the irs until april 14th...
so of course my check was hidden in a giant stack of mail, that i looked though a million times. the millionth and one time i looked through it, it magically appeared....... i love putting stress on myself for no reason:)
i will miss not getting jumbo returns from my home (insurance and property tax):(