PDA

View Full Version : Permaculture course in London soon

harpy
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I got sent this - if anyone would like the contact details let me know and I'll PM you - don't like to post other people's contact details on t'internet.

URBAN PERMACULTURE WEEKEND COURSE
With Graham Burnett
Sat 7th and Sun 8th August 2010
Lillian Baylis Old School, Lollard Street, London SE11 6PY

What is permaculture
The word 'permaculture' comes from 'permanent agriculture' and 'permanent culture' - it is about living lightly on the planet, and making sure that we can sustain human activities for many generations to come, in harmony with nature.

What to expect
- A fun and friendly introduction to permaculture
- Permaculture in an urban context (allotments, LETS, community gardens, community composting, urban transport)
- Ethics and principles of permaculture
- Learning from the patterns in nature
- Simplifying systems thinking
- Creating cities for human beings (Transition Towns)
- Introducing the design process – SADIM
- Zones & sectors – a design tool
- Practical design workshop (building a composting system)

Cost
£100 (£80 early payment discount before 23rd July) £60 Concessions (Unwaged, OAP)

harpy
Jan 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM
More permaculture courses coming up. Have included contact details this time as it says "please forward"

Spring 2011; Full 72 hour Permaculture Design Course, Westcliff on Sea, Essex

Are you concerned about climate change, peak oil and our children's future? Do you want to go Green? Are you interested in creating a Sustainable Local Community? Thinking about making significant changes in your life? Fed up with the problems and want to start looking for solutions? Then this full Permaculture Design Course is for you.

The full 72 hour Permaculture Design Course is a vital stage in the development of understanding of permaculture ethics, principles, design processes and implementation techniques providing essential skills for the post-peak oil world.

Held over 5 weekends at a venue less than an hour from central London, we will be running this course in partnership with Southend in Transition, Milton Community Partnership and Growing Together

Dates: 7 – 8 May
21 – 22 May
4 – 5 June
18 – 19 June
2 – 3 July

Times: 10 am – 6 pm, with optional additional sessions and/or social events on the Saturday evenings

Accomodation: options for attendees from outside of the Southend area are available, more details to follow

Cost: £450 - £300 depending on income, some concessionary places available, please enquire to Milton Community Partnership (see below) £50 deposit secures a place

Led by: Graham Burnett and guest tutors

Full course details including syllabus; http://www.spiralseed.co.uk/westcliffpdc.html

For enquiries and bookings contact Milton Community Partnership miltoncommunity@hotmail.com or tel 01702 213264

Please forward to anybody who might be interested, thanks!
--
Graham Burnett
www.spiralseed.co.uk
www.grahamburnett.net

twinkle
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Sounds interesting, although a bit far and a bit too expensive for me at the moment. Would be interested in a day course though, will keep my eyes open for one :)

harpy
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
You could always try asking them to do one to your specification.