PDA

View Full Version : How much water do you drink?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mystic
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:24 AM
The more water I drink, the more clear my skin is. When I don't drink enough, I get blemishes, and when I do drink a lot my skin is crystal clear. But the problem is, I have to make myself drink. I am always so lazy that I will put up with my thirst for stupid amounts of time. Does anyone else have this terrible habit?

1vegan
Jan 28th, 2005, 05:38 AM
*nods*

yes, I tend to drink too much coffee, but I'm making it a rule to drink tea after 12 am.

I mostly drink green tea, without sugar when I drink tea. :)

But you are right, one should drink enough water on a day :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Jan 28th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I drink 1 litre in the Winter, and about 4 cups of hot water or Camomile tea. I drink more water in Summer.
I never used to drink water atall, til a few years ago, don't know how I survived on tea and coffee! :eek:

If I don't drink enough I get a terrible Headache. :rolleyes:

eve
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:37 AM
I drink about 2 litres a day.

Banana, perhaps if you had a jug of water available, say a 2 litre jug, and put some slices of lemon in it to make it tastier, then you drink from it all day, and you know how much you have consumed. :)

About 18 months ago when I was in hospital in Brisbane, Geoff kindly brought me some wonderful water from his own supplies (that was when I met him), and I'm sure I drank heaps as the hospital tap water didn't appeal to me one bit! :D

snaffler
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I drink as much as possible at work we have a Water Aid sponsered water machine so the more we use the more they get in Donations from us, but on average at work I drink about 1/2 a pint every 2 hours at home it varies.

If I am Yoga or the gym at least 1 litre per session.

PinkFluffyCloud
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Don't you find the water slops about in your tummy when you are doing Yoga, Snaffler?? I have to have a completely empty tum!

snivelingchild
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Lots of water. Lots and lots of water. I have a water filter dispenser that has about twice as much water as two people should drink every day. As long as I have to refill it every other day, I'm doing good.

snaffler
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Don't you find the water slops about in your tummy when you are doing Yoga, Snaffler?? I have to have a completely empty tum!

I make sure I have not eaten for two hours before doing yoga, I have not really found that happen I only take small regular sips so that may be why.......farting is a problem in yoga at times though LOL :D

Gorilla
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:59 AM
we have a Water Aid water dispenser at work too :) i try to drink at least two litres of water a day. it doesn't make any difference to my skin how much i drink though. the water dispenser is on the floor above my office, so i have to go up a flight of stairs every time i need more water. i refill a 500ml plastic bottle each time, so i know how much i've had. it gives me a chance to stretch my legs and get a bit of exercise while i'm at work,as i'm stuck at a desk all day. :) i do sometimes feel a bit lazy but i often have a very dry mouth so i try not to ignore it and force myself to get up those stairs, rather than going to the drinks machine which is two feet away from my desk! :eek:

i hate tap water, it tastes really chlorinated, and i can't drink water if it's too warm, even in the winter i need it slightly chilled. i used to drink very little plain water, but i now realise it's much healthier even if i don't particularly feel the benefit.

snaffler
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Gorilla if you stopped drinking water like you do now you would soon notice the how it was helping, I know many people I work with do not drink enough water and they complain of headaches, tiredness, and many other issues.

I would say to anyone with doubts pick up a copy of this book it's brilliant
Water: For Health, For Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty! (http://www.twbookmark.com/books/76/0446690740/)

My YOGA teacher has just read it after I lent it to him suprisingly a man who works so much on his well being was not drinking enough water, he has now found many improvemts in his health......he said he went to the loo a lot for the first month as his body was not use to the right amount of water. But that soon passes pardon the pun.

Vora
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I drink so much tea... about 1l of grean tea without sugar per day I think...
Plus 1l of water.

Poison Ivy
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM
In winter I drink 1.5 to 2 litres a day, in summer I drink about 4 - this doesn't include water taken in during a workout.

I have noticed that on days I don't drink enough water I get tired very easily and feel generally sluggish, if I drink less for a few days it tends to make my skin dull. When I drink plenty of water, I feel better and my skin is pretty much flawless - I have no wrinkles or fine lines (not bad for almost 32!) and I rarely get spots or blackheads - so I am definitely a big fan of water :D

Artichoke47
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Hmmm. I'm an American, and I don't know much about liters. Hehe

I drink probably between 64 and 96 ounces.

gertvegan
Jan 28th, 2005, 05:59 PM
In winter I drink 1.5 to 2 litres a day, in summer I drink about 4 - this doesn't include water taken in during a workout.

I have noticed that on days I don't drink enough water I get tired very easily and feel generally sluggish
What she said. :)

Geoff
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hmmm. I'm an American, and I don't know much about liters. Hehe

I drink probably between 64 and 96 ounces.

Yeah, there's nothing like the old Imperialist system of weights and measures! So easy to understand - 20 oz in a pint 8pts to a gall, 16oz to a pound, 112lbs in a cwt (why isn't it 100?) 20 cwt in a ton. Then there's the wonderful apothecaries system with its drachms, scruples and minims.
There's no challenge in the metric system with its boring old base 10.
If we all used the metric system we wouldn't have the fun of spacecraft completely missing a distant planet because mission control confused kilometres and miles! :)

Gorilla
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Gorilla if you stopped drinking water like you do now you would soon notice the how it was helping, I know many people I work with do not drink enough water and they complain of headaches, tiredness, and many other issues.

unfortunately i still get these, despite the amount of water i'm drinking :confused:

snaffler
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
unfortunately i still get these, despite the amount of water i'm drinking :confused:

Ah wll you know what that is ? ;) you need some meat in your diet you vegans all tired no iron :D :D :D :D

Dosen't that just grind when the meat eaters use that one if you say you are tired or feeling a bit down or sick...

Find a vegan Ginseng I think thats spelt correct - Ginseng is vegan, you just need a tablet or caplet that is you can take.....it will boost your energy and whole health if feeling down...

I think I suffer a little from S.A.D in the winter so to help along with exercise I try this.

speedylemons
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure i'm not getting enough water. I don't keep track, but i'm going to start trying to drink more. I know that in the past when i've "forced" myself to drink more water i've generally felt better. Does anyone know the equation for finding the healthy amount for me to drink per day? or is there even an equation? I'm starting to ramble in confusion, so if anyone wants to help me out i'd really appreciate it. THANKS! :D

rantipole
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I think you are supposed to get 8 glasses a day. Now, I don't know what exactly constitutes a "glass." It's hard to get enough water. Also, tea, coffee, and alchohol are like a negative glass because they dehydrate you.

Cheers,
rant

Tigerlily
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Roughly 2 Litres of water a day. But if you're especially small or large, you might need less/more.

Pilaf
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I basically drink water whenever I feel hungry but know I shouldn't be eating..so a lot. :D

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM
I used to drink exactly 2 litres oer day, but i havnt done in a while, because i just keep forgetting:o but i have other liquids on top of that, but i know i need to up my intake drastically.

Wishin986
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:20 AM
I used to drink exactly 2 litres oer day, but i havnt done in a while, because i just keep forgetting:o but i have other liquids on top of that, but i know i need to up my intake drastically.

same. i use to drink 2 litres of water and 1 litre of green tea each and every single day. now i cant be bothered. im working my way back into it though no worries! (or attempting to anyways :o )

soylatte_au
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Between 2 and 3 litres every day. I just carry a 600ml bottle around with me and refill it.

aubergine
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I put a 2L bottle by the side of my desk every morning. I try to finish it by the end of work. If I don't, I get monsterous headaches.