PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a camping meet?

Blueberry
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Having just rediscovered the joys of camping and cooking awesome vegan food on a campfire, I wondered if anyone would like to meet up for a weekend camp?

Somewhere central would be better as a trial run, so Notts, Derbys or Leics. Or Staffs - we could bring and share food or cook our own... anyway, let me know what you think. I'm away the weekend of 17th Sept for another camp meet but any other time would be cool x

Mr Flibble
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Yes :)

Not sure about dates in September yet, but otherwise sounds good.

Simon
Apr 29th, 2011, 04:59 PM
anyone been to the vegan camp (http://www.vegancamp.co.uk/)?

There is one this August in Derbyshire

veganvoo
May 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM
I went to vegan camp last year for the day. I gave a presentation on ufo's and the paranormal and really enjoyed myself. I met many lovely people and even got an invite to dinner so I cant rate it highly enough. They have a shop onsite for all your vegan essentials and put on entertainment in the evenings, thus why I was there. The kids seemed to be enjoying themselves playing ball and cricket and all in all it had a nice family atmosphere.

twinkle
May 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hmm, I'm going to the Edinburgh Festival for the first week that vegan camp is on, but maybe I could extend my leave and go for the second week? What do you think it would be like for someone going on their own, veganvoo?

veganvoo
May 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
I went on my own and although I felt a little awkward at first within the hour I'd been offered a cup of tea and introduced to the organisers. There were single campers attending so you'll be fine and not on your own.

My greatest regret was not staying for longer as I really wanted to get to know people especially a couple who had come over from Belgium but with a new born at home I had to get back. Go for it, you'll have a ball!!!

Blueberry
May 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Wow! It's only up the road from me, I'm going to book. Now, a proposition... if anyone can dread hair, and wants to sit doing mine over a few hours/days, I'll feed you for free! At the camp, of course! x

Vegan-bellydancer
May 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I might go to this with my two sons..sounds like it might be ideal.