PDA

View Full Version : Worthenshaws Freedom ice cream

Pages : 1 [2]

Marrers
Feb 18th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I discovered why I couldn't find it - because it isn't with the ice creams, it's in the 'free from' freezer section (in Sainsburys at least). I never have much space in the freezer so rarely look at frozen savoury foods.

leedsveg
Feb 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Bought the chocolate one in Tesco for £2, roughly half-price. Thought it tasted like frozen coco powder so I won't be buying it again.

Leedsveg

kikifromscotland
Feb 19th, 2011, 09:26 AM
My mum saw they were on sale at £2 at asda, and bought 8 tubs, bless. This was before we had tried the stuff. Now we have a freezer drawer full of it and shE won't buy me more Swedish glacé til it's gone, which could take a long time.

I'm wondering if there's any way I can use it to cook or bake something, get rid of it faster :P

Gwydion
Feb 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Pull the plug on the fridge.

Better yet, if you have any dead fuses - swap it with the good one already in the plug.

"Wow, that's unfortunate! After we just got all that ice-cream and all. Gutting."

leedsveg
Feb 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Is there anybody out there who paid full price (£3.99) for their first tub and subsequently paid full price for their second?

lv

khadagan
Feb 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Make milkshakes with it?

kikifromscotland
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Pull the plug on the fridge.

Better yet, if you have any dead fuses - swap it with the good one already in the plug.

"Wow, that's unfortunate! After we just got all that ice-cream and all. Gutting."

Lol!!!! Thanks for that idea. Sadly it's a pretty big freezer so there's just one drawer of freedom ice cream, and all the other drawers are full of actual nice things that are worth eating :P

kikifromscotland
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Make milkshakes with it?

Ooh I might try it. It might turn out as bleh milkshakes rather than bleh ice cream but it's worth a shot!

Lady Mozdust
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Got some from Tesco! It's really hard finding anything like this around here. The chocolate is ok, it tastes a bit watery though.

leedsveg
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd say Glace was the more expensive product and Worthenshaws was the cheapo stuff. Cannot see me buying W's again.

Leedsveg

aliaslotte
Feb 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
In Booths, I've discovered another Wortenshaws ice cream called CocoNice. It is really, really tasty and at £1.99 f0r a 500ml tub, it is reasonably priced too. :D

Barefootinthegrass
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I like the chocolate version (and I really like that it's low calorie!), I'd buy it again. The strawberry and the vanilla versions were not so good.

I can't eat Swedish Glace because of the soya. It makes me sick. :(

Firestorm
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
In Booths, I've discovered another Wortenshaws ice cream called CocoNice. It is really, really tasty and at £1.99 f0r a 500ml tub, it is reasonably priced too. :D

I think Coconice and Freedom are the same product, I bought a litre tub of Coconice from a shop in Manchester (from what I can remember it was quite reasonably priced) about a year ago and then a couple of months later read in the paper that Supermarkets where going to sell the product under the "Freedom" name (with the obvious price hike to rip off consumers).

As for the product itself, I have have bought all 3 flavours when they were 1/2 price in Asda and wouldn't buy them again unless every shop in a 50 mile radius stopped selling Booja Booja, Swedish Glace and Ricecream.

That notwithstanding, I have a great deal of respect for the lady who invented the stuff (especially when it was cheaper) and who knows maybe she will even improve the taste one day.

ZoeP
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
I wqas really quite impressed with it. I must say, I do prefer the SG chocolate one, but the only other flavour my local holland and barretts does is blueberry, and blueberry icecream doesn't really appeal to me. I haven't tried the Booja Booja, which shops stock it?

kikfromscotland: post your spare icecream to me. i'll find it a good home in my tummy;)

Firestorm
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
I wqas really quite impressed with it. I must say, I do prefer the SG chocolate one, but the only other flavour my local holland and barretts does is blueberry, and blueberry icecream doesn't really appeal to me. I haven't tried the Booja Booja, which shops stock it?

kikfromscotland: post your spare icecream to me. i'll find it a good home in my tummy;)
The only places close to Preston (That I know of) are Birkdale health food shop and the 8th Day Co-operative in Manchester.
I would recommend getting it from Goodness Direct (when placing an order for other frozen stuff - minimum order for frozen is 6 items) so it will be delivered right to your door.
I would say that Coconut Hullabaloo and Vanilla are my favourite (both are very nice) when I have the money, but after finishing my last tub I opened some SG vanilla and I think I am starting to prefer this. On the plus side the Booja Vanilla is alot healthier than SG but far more expensive.

ZoeP
Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
I do love 8th day, think that was the first place i did my vegan happy dance :)