PDA

View Full Version : How to put on weight

Tipi
Nov 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
I want to gain weight on the raw food diet - I started to eat more raw and feel thinner which is not good as I'm already underweight. I don't feel hungry at all, just thinner. Are there any foods that I can eat (aside from nuts) that are going to make me gain weight. I already eat a lot of nuts.

onestar
Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:42 AM
try adding raw virgin coconut oil to stir fries. Tahini is also a great option and can go well on just about everything. Extra flax and hemp seeds in smoothies too! And juices, lots of sweet juice.

fiamma
Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately, from what I've seen, raw fooders generally seem to be quite thin. So if your goal is to gain weight you may have a problem. If you want to follow a 100% raw diet, your only options seem to be nuts/nut butters, seeds and fruit. Avocados, maybe? Or if you have a dehydrator you could look into making crackers or burgers. Or perhaps you could consider incorporating a little cooked food into your diet.

Another option might be smoothies, where you could add a whole variety of ingredients, such as ground flax, tahini or nut butters along with your fruit and veg.

Best of luck and keep us posted :)