PDA

View Full Version : What do you make for the holidays?

Cherry_Bmbshell
Nov 24th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I was going to ask what your making for Thanksgiving tomorrow, But, then I *remembered* not everyone celebrates itlol. So what are your favorite foods to make for the coming holidays? My list:

Butternut squash soup
praline sweet potatoe casserole
pumpkin cheesecake
caramel apple pie
home made bread
Cornbread dressing
garlic mash taters and gravy
candied carrotts
italian green bean casserole

yummy!!!

Back-Space
Nov 25th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Lol, I should come eat with you for thanksgiving :D I'm probably going to have pasta... Maybe a small salad aswell, but I haven't decided whether I'll be bothered to do that :p

Sarah_
Nov 25th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Mashed taters
gravy
buy some tofurkey slices
gravy
cranberry sauce (from the store)
gravy
garlic bread
gravy
Bisquick drop biscuits
gravy
cheesecake
gravy
frozen mixed veg heated up
gravy
stuffing
gravy
vegetable soup
gravy
...you get the idea.

Back-Space
Nov 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Mashed taters
gravy
buy some tofurkey slices
gravy
cranberry sauce (from the store)
gravy
garlic bread
gravy
Bisquick drop biscuits
gravy
cheesecake
gravy
frozen mixed veg heated up
gravy
stuffing
gravy
vegetable soup
gravy
...you get the idea.

Mmmmmm... Cheesecake and gravy... :p

pusskins
Nov 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
praline sweet potatoe casserole

Recipe, pleaseandthankyou!

:D

Sarah_
Nov 25th, 2010, 09:16 PM

I've just finished my daily bowl of cereal and gravy, washing it down now with a nice glass of gravy. I shall now go brush my teeth with gravy and gargle with....
Listerine.

You thought I was going to say gravy.

Back-Space
Nov 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I've just finished my daily bowl of cereal and gravy, washing it down now with a nice glass of gravy. I shall now go brush my teeth with gravy and gargle with....
Listerine.

You thought I was going to say gravy.

I sure did :p, though I'm sure that listerine and gravy would taste quite amazing :pissed: I personally prefer mixing my gravy with my drinks. Nothing wakes you up in the morning like a lukewarm gravy and oj :D

Sarah_
Nov 26th, 2010, 05:12 AM
It's so true, it's GRREAT. It's the SNACK THAT SMILES BACK. It's the BEST PART OF WAKING UP.

Back-Space
Nov 26th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Lol, we need help :p

Sarah_
Nov 28th, 2010, 01:28 AM
We need gravy.

Back-Space
Nov 28th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Oh good :p Glad your back. I was thinking today that gravy would probably make the brussel sprouts taste a little more appetizing. What type of gravy do you buy? Any big name brand vegan gravies that are worth a try?

Sarah_
Nov 28th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I'm not sure about name brands. I use this accidentally vegan gravy stuff from my grocery store, they've got brown and white, but I know there are some gravy recipe threads in the food section where people post their own.

Back-Space
Nov 28th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah... I'm just lazy and want something I can add water to and microwave :D

Sarah_
Nov 28th, 2010, 06:01 AM
yeah that's pretty much mine. I'll look it up, are there Ralph's grocery stores in Canada?

Rhys
Nov 28th, 2010, 08:41 AM
All home made: individual veggie loaves, split pea soup, brussels sprouts w/ apples and onions, shortcakes with cranberry sauce. Only had to serve 3.

gothdragon911
Dec 31st, 2010, 03:04 PM
i had a macrovegan bento box... Lol. i went to someone elses house for the holidays, so i wasnt at the comfort of my house to cook, so i brought that all easyliy made in a box and heated it up at the house i visited...boring i knw LOL