PDA

View Full Version : Which vegan forum would you use if this forum didn't exist?

Pages : [1] 2

Korn
Dec 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Dear all veganforum-members,
which vegan forum would you use if this forum didn't exist?

This info can be useful - both for members looking for a different kind of vegan forum - or in case our forum will close.

cobweb
Dec 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't use any, as have never found an alternative that I felt really comfortable with.

Johnstuff
Dec 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I also use veggieboards and veganfitness.net

I don't know of any others.

pusskins
Dec 17th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I don't really know of any other purely vegan boards. This one is so easy and quick to use. Very user-friendly. I have been on to veganfitness a couple of times. Again, that is extremely user-friendly. But I always come back to this one. Don't know why, specifically :) So, in all honesty, it would probably be veganfitness.

leedsveg
Dec 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm with Cobweb on this and probably wouldn't go to another forum. The other vegan forums I've tried were 'vegan' in name only.

lv

pusskins
Dec 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I probably should have also said that this is a really, really friendly, not just user-friendly, forum :o :)

Clueless Git
Dec 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I was using veggieboards but had some problem with my account that prevented me logging on.

If this place closed I would probably try and get my account re activated there.

Other than that I don't use any other forums as I rather like it here :)

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I'd probably use animalrightsdiscussion.com as they seem to have alot of the same categories as this forum does. Not many active members though :p I've made an account over there aswell, but I never post. I prefer the atmosphere over here :)

DiaShel
Dec 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Other vegan forums? Psh. If this one closed I'd just cry myself to sleep every night. ;)

Barry
Dec 17th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I don't think I'd bother joining another forum if this one closed. I've had a look at a few and I don't care for them.

Back-Space
Dec 17th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Why? What's with the question? Not considering to shut it down are you?

missbettie
Dec 17th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Other vegan forums? Psh. If this one closed I'd just cry myself to sleep every night. ;)

Me too.

I don't think i'd use another forum.

mini_mi
Dec 18th, 2010, 01:03 AM
This the best out there. Don't think there is anyplace that comes close to the level of discussion and friendly atmosphere.

veganwitch
Dec 18th, 2010, 06:53 AM
To echo many others, I wouldn't use any other vegan forum. VF is where it's at.

Morellius
Dec 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Dunno, I just discovered Volentia, but it's like a veg*n facebook, so not really a forum. hm.

Korn
Dec 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM
"Celebrating The Vegetarian Lifestyle"...

Volentia sounds more like a vegetarian network?

Morellius
Dec 18th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah that's the problem, there are also vegetarians on it, hence the name veg*n not vegan. What about Veganaroundtheworld?

Korn
Dec 18th, 2010, 03:53 PM
No, Back-Space, I'm not planning to shut it down. We need to get £80 in donations within 9 days - to cover some expenses - and I think we'll reach that goal, since we got 30 GBP £35 in donations since yesterday.

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 04:43 PM
No, Back-Space, I'm not planning to shut it down. We need to get 80 GBP in donations within 9 days - to cover some expenses - and I think we'll reach that goal, since we got 30GPB in donations since yesterday.

When I get a job going, I'd be happy to donate aswell. Money's a little tight right now :p

What's GBP by the way?

Korn
Dec 18th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks....
GBP = £. Pound Sterling.

Back-Space
Dec 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks....
GBP = £. Pound Sterling.

Oh okay :p

leedsveg
Dec 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Vegan Society Facebook discussion pages are very interesting.

lv

Risker
Dec 18th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I only know of one other and I'm put off of posting there as it seems incredibly cliquey.

I use volentia but it gets on my nerves with people trying to warp the definitions of words to suit their own purposes and (sorry but...) Americans posting as if there was only one country in the world.

mmmorgans
Dec 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
http://forum.theppk.com/
http://theveganpolice.freeforums.org/

Those are the other two that I frequent most often.

mmmorgans
Dec 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I only know of one other and I'm put off of posting there as it seems incredibly cliquey.

I know exactly what you mean.