PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Food Aesthetics

VagabondVegan
Dec 31st, 2010, 07:12 AM
Maybe it's just hindsight but how much more colorful and appealing is Vegan food to omnivorous meals? Meat always comes out some shade of brown or grey and is all wrinkly and sick looking and eggs just look outright bizarre whatever form you cook em except maybe scrambled which makes them look a little like yellowy tofu.

I just typed 'Vegans' into google and look down the page and they obviously have vegan food pictures then they had a few meat pictures and demotivational posters with some caption taking pot shots at Veganism and I was just like...aw...whats that...*click* AWWWW VEGAN RICOTTA LASGNE!!

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/07/best-vegan-blogs.html

Scroll down to the first photo and just...awwwwwww...

harpy
Dec 31st, 2010, 02:15 PM
For some reason I never find pictures of food all that appetising, but I certainly agree that actual vegan food is much more appealing to look at, not just visually but also because you know it doesn't have bits of bone, gristle and fat lurking in it :p

khadagan
Dec 31st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Not sure if you are actually talking about raw meat and fish as well. I always think that looks so disgusting! In butchershops and such the often put bright green plastic next to it, to make it look a bit less like a bloody battlefield I think. What I always really dislike is fishmarkets where the the crabs and such are still half alive laying in the cooler, breaks my heart that!