PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Fat Loss?

Urban
Jan 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
Is it true that vegans automatically reduce their fat levels due to what they eat? I'm a new vegan, so I was a little confused about this.:confused:

Back-Space
Jan 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
Is it true that vegans automatically reduce their fat levels due to what they eat? I'm a new vegan, so I was a little confused about this.:confused:

It depends. It did for me, but that's because I went from eating 1 or 2 pizzas a week, and big bowls of sugary kids cereal to salads, fruits and vegetables :p It really depends what you eat. I could eat a bag of potato chips everyday, and some vegan chocolate and I'd put weight on in no time :p

Lars
Jan 1st, 2011, 11:47 PM
my weight hasn't changed in the least, i'm slim looking but with a layer of flub that people don't expect (i'd be naturally realllly skinny if i had the right fat levels).

I went from eating lots of dairy, namely cheese as well as carbs to, well eating carbs, i thought i'd lose weight from excluding dairy but nah, comes down to everyone's individual body,i'm sure if i worked out the weight would drop off quicker without all the dairy in my diet though

Maranne
Jan 5th, 2011, 07:43 AM
It really depends on what you eat. If you're a junk food vegan then no, you're probably not going to be losing much fat. If you eat a varied diet of nutrient dense whole foods though, you'll likely be able to shed some excess poundage. It also depends on how your body processes different types of foods. If I so much as look at food containing grains I gain weight. Some people are the opposite and thrive on a heavily grain based diet. You have to find what works best for you and what your body feels comfortable with.

Andy_T
Jan 5th, 2011, 08:47 AM
The suggestion of the 'China Study' (www.thechinastudy.com (http://www.thechinastudy.com)) is that if you adopt a low-fat, whole-foods plant-based diet (ideally getting 80% of your calories from carbohydrates, and a maximum of 10% from fat and 10% from protein), you will be able to improve your health and decrease your weight.

Best regards,
Andy

leftyladyfrommo
Dec 12th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I've lost quite a bit of weight without really trying. I don't eat any junk food or animal or dairy - I live on plant food but I go high density nutrient low calorie, I just fill up my whole system with nutrients every day and then eat complex carbs if I get hungry later in the day: oatmeal, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, brown rice. I'm never hungry.