PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Marrers
Feb 28th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Goodlife Butternut Squash Roasts (Frozen - the pack contains two thick burgers and two sachets of tomato sauce to serve with them.)

I found these in Sainsburys a few weeks back and tried one the other day. Very nice indeed!

harpy
Feb 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
OH MY G*D! Just tried Hickory Smoked Sheese (Isle of Bute) - it is FANTASTIC! Really really recommend it! Off to enjoy my Sheese Sarnie :D

I saw an advert, possibly in the Vegan Society magazine, indicating that the product formerly known as Scheese had been reformulated without the hydrogenated vegetable oil, and renamed Sheese, but I haven't seen any since then. Does anyone know where you can get it, please?

Tikkin
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Out Of This World stores sell Scheese, at least the Leeds one does.

edit: They have a website: http://www.ootw.co.uk/m1aboutus.shtml

Cherry
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ooh, they have a new one opening in York with a cafe. York really needs more veggie places so that's good news.

I recently tried the hickory smoked one too, on Cumin's recommendation. If it's not too horrible a comparison, it reminds me of that processed smoked cheese that comes in red plastic! Fantastic! I've seen the new sheese packets in a health food shop, but what I'm really waiting for is the creamy sheese so I can make cheesecake :D

Dr Phibes
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Redwood's Sage & Onion stuffing in a sandwich of home-made bread with Plamil mayo, lettuce, sweetcorn and peppers. Mmmmm

Tikkin
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Mmmm I always have Redwoods slices in bread buns with Plamil mayo and lettuce.

pineapple77
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
My favourite vegan foods are whizzers, plamil mint chocolate and pringles bacon crisps which are now labeled vegan.

Mr Flibble
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:27 PM
pringles bacon crisps which are now labeled vegan.

Although made by Proctor and Gamble (http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm) who many vegans boycott.

pineapple77
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for that info Mr Flibble, I'm a new vegan so I'm still learning.

alisont
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Scheese soft cheese is so yummy!

Got the garlic and herb one and the plain and found a chive one in the vegan shop in Birmingham today!

So nice!

RachelJune
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Wow, I didn't realise it was already available in different flavours! :eek: I've only seen the plain one here.

I just love Sutaki pies at the moment. Had one for the first time the other day - certainly not the healthiest of pies, but they are delicious! :D

Cumin
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Oh yes!! We have a standing order at our local shop for these every week. They are the best! Why do you think they're not healthy? I know they've got pastry, but they're full of lovely lentils, carrots etc... Lovely with chips, peas and gravy :D:D:D

pookah
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I saw an advert, possibly in the Vegan Society magazine, indicating that the product formerly known as Scheese had been reformulated without the hydrogenated vegetable oil, and renamed Sheese, but I haven't seen any since then. Does anyone know where you can get it, please?

I think my husband bought it from a local health food shop in Glasgow but I have a vague recollection that Holland & Barrett sell it as well... can't promise! :confused:

Cumin
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Regarding Goodlife Bean burgers and Nut cutlets..

These are now labelled vegan - along with their nut cutlets. I just bought some of each and will be sampling them soon.:)

FYI: We tried them both last night and I liked nut cutlet best, but thought the burger nice too - a good crunchy breadcrumb coating. The cutlet is really just a nutty burger, but a good one I think.

Marrers
Apr 20th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'm confused - are you talking about Grassington's Food Co stuff or Goodlife stuff? Or are they the same thing?

Cumin
Apr 20th, 2007, 05:21 PM
OOps - sorry I see how I confused it now. :o

I'm talking about Goodlife Spicy Bean burgers and Nut Cutlets. I'll edit my previous post to clarify this. Thanks for spotting the mistake Marrers.
I also contacted Grassingtons to confirm about their burgers, but I've not had a reply yet.

Marrers
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I am addicted to Rookbeare sorbet - Dark Cherry flavour. If that is the sort of flavour you like I highly recommend it!
http://www.rookbearefarm.co.uk/sorbets.htm#

I have only seen it in Waitrose in Lewes so far - have checked 2 other branches so far, they didn't stock it.

Cattmogg
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Bounce balls. ;) MMMMMMM, they taste sooooooo damn good but they are raw and are actually meant to be a bit good for you. This thread is making me HUNGRY.

Digital Ghost
May 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Soyatoo spray cream

Linxie
May 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Golden spur chocolates from Hotel Chocolat. Ridiculously over priced but heavenly! :D

talitha
May 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Golden spur chocolates from Hotel Chocolat. Ridiculously over priced but heavenly! :D

:confused: I've never seen these and can't find them on the website. Can you do a link Linxie?

Linxie
May 22nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
No they don't seem to have them on their website. I think there are quite a few chocolates that are vegan and not listed on the website. You just have to check all of the packets of dark chocolates! You know the bit where they do the packets of 6 chocolates? At least they do label them clearly.

The Golden spur ones are new I think - hazelnut praline coated in dark chocolate. I'm drooling just thinking about them :D

talitha
May 22nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Sound yummy - shame I'm nowhere near a shop :rolleyes:

puffin
May 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Just found a lovely mexican chilli deli filling in the Tesco. It is by CafeDeli and pretty nice. It even says vegan on it.

sandra
May 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
What section of the store was it in Puffin? :)