PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

pookah
May 29th, 2007, 03:10 PM
:confused: I've never seen these and can't find them on the website. Can you do a link Linxie?

Here you go........

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cid/6USRJIA53FHCRCS6SGNOSRCJ9Y0MFZW5/chocolate-suitable-for-vegans-CHCOVEGAN/ :D

talitha
May 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Pookah but I'd already been there... and it doesn't have the Golden Spur chocolates Linxie was talking about :( Still, I've just ordered lots of goodies from Animal Aid so can't complain!

alisont
May 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I went looking for Golden spur chocs in local hotel choc - none left they had removed last few as close date:( however they did have new ones smudge - dark choc with praline soft centres - so yummy!

Got chatting with the manager - she said they are getting requests for more vegan chocs - said to tell vegan friends to email via contact page of their website - the more requests for vegan chocs the more they will make - all different types!

So get emailing;)

puffin
May 30th, 2007, 01:17 PM
What section of the store was it in Puffin? :)

It was in the paste/sandwich spread section. :) Its all gone now :(

bryony
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
faviourate vegan foods hmm. well of course there is alpro chocolate soya desert (when i was about 7 my mum used to buy this in bulk, say twelve of them and i would nick them, rip the carton open with my teeth and then procede to drink the whole thing :D) i also like the vannila soya desert and imagine it would go nicelly over a spnge pudding.
toffu - DUH. i like tofu sandwhiches (first i marrinate the tofu in soy sauce, ginger, maple syrup, tumric and garlic) im trying to give up sugar and there is this chocolate by plammil which is sugar and dairy free :D

snaffler
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Alpro Products / Cheezly and Redwood Rashers / Oasis Tofu Range

Honest_Goodbye
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
My current favourite uk vegan food product has got to be Green and Black's MAYA GOLD hot chocolate because it tastes like liquified Terry's chocolate orange chocolate a la vegan ;)
With love from Love.XXX.

I love that :D I prefer using 2 spoons of that, and 2 spoons of the dark green and blacks hot choc... and then putting a few pieces of the maya gold choc in as well..... *piggy* tehe.

Aberbrothock
Jul 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Having been a big mac and cheese adict when I was veggie, I reckon that Shells and Chreese fills the gap. Not quite the same but still, good enough.

Melanie
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:29 PM
I love that :D I prefer using 2 spoons of that, and 2 spoons of the dark green and blacks hot choc... and then putting a few pieces of the maya gold choc in as well..... *piggy* tehe.
That sounds so lush :eek::D

pineapple77
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
The new packets of panda licorice comfits are now marked suitable for vegans.:D I love these but hadn't bothered with them since turning vegan as I wasn't sure if they were vegan or not.

phoenix rising
Sep 6th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Waitrose butter bean and roasted garlic hummus hmmmm....

twinkle
Sep 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Sainsbury's Roasted Chilli Pretzel and Snack Mix. I've just eaten faaaarrr more than is healthy or right for one sitting.

Sainsbury's Applewood Smoked flavour coated peanuts. Sooooo morish, soooooo regretted when the hangover kicks in and you can still taste them :o

emilyfabpants
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I just discovered this vegan cheese sauce powder:
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/471273.html (http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/471273.html)
Sold in Tescos and Holland and Barrett.

I plan to have macaroni cheese this week! I had it yesterday on my veggies with some cheesley mixed in and it was weirdly cheesey (if a little like Wotsits). Anyway, it's better than the dairy style cheese sauce made from a powder - that is if my memory serves me well from back in the day; you know when there was a war on and we all gleefully ate powdered food every day! Seriously, I'm not sure if I remember what cheese tastes like at all, but it well reminded me of cheese.

Also Linda McCartney wrote to a friend of mine and listed their new quarter pounders as vegan. I checked today out of interest and they are not. It says contains milk on the back of the packet which is a big indication...

flutterby
Sep 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
A dozen or so posts about Linda McCartney products are now in the existing Linda McCartney uk products thread, http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16056

Pob
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM
We had some Asda Meat Free Vegetarian Chicken Style Fillets the other day. They were really pretty good.

Anyone else tried them yet?

pixeequeen
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I've had them, one in a mega sandwich type scenario which was really nice, and then as part of an easy-roast yesterday. I think I like them. I bought them on a bit of a whim to make some beanburgers up to the "buy 2 for £3" thing hehe. I can't tell if they really taste like chicken or not. They're not the kind of thing I usually have, so I think that's why I enjoyed them... something different! Would I be remembering correctly if I said they have strangely few ingredients for supermarket foods? I seem to remember being surprised and impressed.

Pob
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah they did seem almost healthy with lots of added fibre - presumably for texture. We had them with spring greens, mash, and gravy. Deep fried in batter in a bun might be good.

Gorilla
Oct 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
may i please make a small mention of the New Covent Garden soup of the month - they're selling a special Halloween soup and unlike most of their soups, it's actually vegan! it's pumpkin and pepper, it's really yummy and a percentage of the proceeds goes to help the Bat Conservation Trust. ;)

animaladvocate
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Sainsburys Taste The Difference hickory smoked almonds are heavenly!

Mr Flibble
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM
New Covent Garden often have vegan seasonal soups - they had gazpacho this summer. Drinking soup from a pint glass at work is always good :)

bryzee86
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM
haha you must've got some funny looks....

Gorilla
Nov 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Organix Goodies corn snacks are very tasty and similar to Monster Munch, i've just had the tomato flavour :)

bryzee86
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:19 PM
where d'you get 'em from?

Gorilla
Nov 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
i got them from an independent wholefood shop. i think some Holland & Barrett stores sell them too.

eta: according to their website http://www.organix.com/Content/Food-for-Children/Where-to-Buy they're sold in lots of places - you might find them in the baby/kid section :)

JC
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Trufree advises customers to be cautious

Trufree the maker of wheat-free and gluten-free biscuits, snacks and pasta, is advising consumers with a dairy intolerance that its new custard cream biscuits now contain milk.

As part of a recent re-launch the new improved recipe for the biscuits now contains a small amount of milk.

Managing director, Chris Hook said: “The pack clearly states in the allergens box that the custard creams contain milk. However, as a precaution we have decided to add a ‘contains milk’ sticker to all our packs after a number of calls from concerned customers who have to follow a milk free diet seeking clarification.

He added: “These are our most popular biscuits and we would like to reassure our customers that we are committed to offering them delicious wheat-free and gluten-free food.”

Mr Hook continued that anyone who has bought a packet of the biscuits and is concerned should call the Trufree Careline on 07041 544 044. Trufree will be happy to offer a full refund to anyone who is unhappy with their purchase.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
if it's not broke, don't fix it!!! :mad: