PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Marrers
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
[“These are our most popular biscuits . . . "

I wonder if they have considered what percentage of the sales are from milk avoiders? I hope sales plummet. :mad:

JC
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
my thoughts exactly! they are soooo gonna get an angry e-mail from me. they were the only custard creams i'd found that didn't have milk in. 'trufree', i don't think so. they should consider changing their name while they're at it...

bryzee86
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:18 AM
thatnks for the info, by the way, gorilla. Not checked this thread for a while so only spotted it now. I'll keep my eyes peeled

SophieFP
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks JC for this info.

I've put it as an article entitled "Trufree tells dairy-free customers not to buy their biscuits!"

at:
http://www.activeg.org/index.html
- the vegan news & action website.

vegcurry
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Cheers for that JC and SophieFP. I've mailed the company to enquire why they have done this and if there's a response I'll post it here.

Gorilla
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
interesting about the Trufree custard creams. i always thought they tasted funny anyway, but why change their most popular product? makes no sense :confused: dairy-free was obviously always just a coincidence as far as they were concerned :mad:

Jiffy
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Thank you for pointing this out, I have just emailed them telling them exactly what I think of their decision.

JC
Feb 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
''Thank you for your email with reference to the Trufree Custard Creams.

At Trufree we strive to produce great tasting gluten and wheat free products. In this instance the custard cream recipe has been improved as a result of complaints we have received about the taste and texture. Following consumer feedback about the recipe change we will be conducting a full review of the recipe change.

I would like to apologise for the disappointment this has caused and assure you that we do take our customers feedback extremely seriously. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.''

how does adding milk improve the recipe?! that's a pathetic excuse!! :mad:
i know it's not exactly the same, but when mars changed their recipe so it was no longer vegetarian, they got so many complaints that they changed it back again. maybe if everyone keeps complaining we'll get somewhere? :)

Cherry
Feb 12th, 2008, 07:01 PM
:( I liked those. I'll complain tomorrow.

bryzee86
Feb 13th, 2008, 09:33 AM
i know it's not exactly the same, but when mars changed their recipe so it was no longer vegetarian, they got so many complaints that they changed it back again. maybe if everyone keeps complaining we'll get somewhere? :)
aren't they going back to putting non-vegetarian whey in again? I'm sure i read that.
Not that we're going to eat them anyway!

Gorilla
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM
i bought a Trufree potato quick snack pot yesterday assuming it was still vegan, but then i noticed that the Vegan Society symbol has gone from the packaging so now i'm not sure even these are ok anymore. the ingredients look ok and the website says they're still 'vegan approved' but i'm suspicious. they obviously don't care about the vegan market at all.

i didn't bother emailing them about the custard creams because i didn't really like them anyway, but now i think i'll have to say something so they know how big their vegan customer base is, and hopefully they'll take note.

JC
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
if anyone gets a reply from trufree, please post it on here so we can see if we're making any progress!

i've thought of another of my favourite things; softmints. vegan by default i think, but still really good!!

Cumin
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
i bought a Trufree potato quick snack pot yesterday assuming it was still vegan, but then i noticed that the Vegan Society symbol has gone from the packaging so now i'm not sure even these are ok anymore. the ingredients look ok and the website says they're still 'vegan approved' but i'm suspicious. they obviously don't care about the vegan market at all.

Hmm - that's worrying.. I quite often eat those, and keep a supply (and of the lentil ones) in my desk at work for emergency food.
I'd be interested to see the response too.

Jiffy
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Here is the reply I received about the custard creams, which looks hauntingly familiar. It looks like the fact that they were vegan friendly was purely coincidental.

Thank you for your email with reference to the Trufree Custard Creams.

At Trufree we strive to produce great tasting gluten and wheat free products. In this instance the custard cream recipe has been improved as a result of complaints we have received about the taste and texture. Following consumer feedback about the recipe change we will be conducting a full review of the recipe change.

I would like to apologise for the disappointment this has caused and assure you that we do take our customers feedback extremely seriously. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Emma Pragnell
Customer Services Manager

Nutrition Point Ltd
Station Court
442 Stockport Road
Thelwall
Warrington
WA4 2GW

JC
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
omg, they must just issue an automatic reply to all angry vegan customers! hmf!

bryzee86
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
time to send them an email too. surely if they get lots of "customer feedback" they will consider otherwise?

JC
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
definately! oooh, we should do a petition!

Gorilla
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:33 PM
i got exactly the same reply as Jiffy and JC, with a sentence added to say "With reference to your query about the Trufree quick snack pots, I can confirm that they are still suitable for vegans." as i had also mentioned these in my complaint.

:rolleyes:

Risker
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:51 PM
omg, they must just issue an automatic reply to all angry vegan customers! hmf!

definately! oooh, we should do a petition!

Stock replies are standard practice for this kinda thing unfortunately. I think asking is about the best thing you can do, petitions are generally worthless.

JC
Mar 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
so next week, i'm having my french penpal come to stay. she says she wants to eat what i normally do, but that would be soooo boring. can people recommend products i can buy to show her that being vegan is the best lifestyle ever! i've already got some maple frosted cornflakes in for breakfast :D i'm also gonna get some alpro soya shakes and desserts, swedish glace and maybe some maya gold g&b's. so i'm fine for snacks, but i'm struggling for ideas when it comes to dinner. i figured we'd be out most of the time for lunch, so that's not a problem. but i won't really have time to cook something amazing for dinner. i was looking in the health food shop at amy's enchiladas and realeat schnitzels - anyone tried them? those are the kind of things i'm looking for, something i can just shove in the oven. i don't know if they're any good though, help please!!!

bryzee86
Mar 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Those enchiladas are pretty bad. Waaaay too salty. the schnitzels are good though. You could do a chilli or bolognaise using frozen mince, couldn't you? That wouldn't be too time-consuming or expensive.

absentmindedfan
Mar 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Fry's Schnitzels, burgers and sausages are AWESOME. Sausages + sweet potato wedges + guacamole would be a great easy dinner. Or burgers with wedges and relish? Schnitzels with mash, veg and gravy?

bryzee86
Mar 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
damn you amf - I really want guac now!

VeganDaze
Mar 9th, 2008, 03:03 PM
How about pasta? Some sacla sauces are so tasty and it only takes 10 mins to cook that. Plus good salad

Marrers
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I discovered a snack I've never seen before and it was very tasty! The range is Tyrrells Alternatives and they are called Habas Fritas (lightly spiced cooked broad beans).

I found them in Infinity Foods health food shop in Brighton.