PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

pie
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
morrisons do a scrumptious vegan roasted red onion and garlic humous, lovely with warm mini french bread, pringles have brought out a vegan texan bbq flavour tube they are yummy, lidl do vegan dark chocolate digestives, 58p, wonderful!

Gorilla
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:59 AM
pringles have brought out a vegan texan bbq flavour tube they are yummy, lidl do vegan dark chocolate digestives, 58p, wonderful!

i don't wish to be picky but do you know that although Pringles are vegan as far as ingredients go, they're made by Procter & Gamble (massive animal testers)?

good news about the chocolate digestives! :) the only other brand i've seen is Rakusen's and they're about £1.50 a pack.

bradders
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I've seen something similar to pringles in the corner shop that aren't actually pringles. I will buy them and judge them accordingly.

pie
Dec 19th, 2008, 03:35 PM
hadn't thought about the makers of the pringles, feel bad now

bradders
Dec 19th, 2008, 03:38 PM
the pringle issue is something of a debate as there is question over boycotting whole companies vs steering them in the right direction through purchasing their good products, it's a decision for each person to make themselves.

WildWitch
Dec 19th, 2008, 04:27 PM
^ i've heard it's icky!

celebration roast, have to say, have had it once before, and am having it again this christmas, mmmmm

icky lol its in the bin, i do hate to waste stuff but thats just something i wouldnt even give the kids for the school harvest assembly, totaly disgusting yuk!

cobweb
Dec 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM

please don't feel bad!
we all have our own criteria with these things - persoanlly i take medicine made by a horrible pharmaceutical so i wouldn't feel crappy about buying Pringles :cool:

Gorilla
Dec 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
it is down to the individual when it comes to boycotting particular companies, but i think there's a difference between accepting having to take medication for one's health and choosing to eat a snack made by a company that funds a large amount of animal testing just because they taste nice.

just my opinion, not getting at anyone. i merely pointed out who the makers of Pringles were for anyone who didn't know.

cobweb
Dec 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
i do see your point Gorilla (personally i hate Pringles anyway so it's an easy choice for me! :D), i have just got to the point where i wonder what the point of boycotting is?.
If i could totally do it, and ONLY buy from ethical vegan companies, then i would most certainly do so, but otherwise i can't see the point in, for instance, supporting Tesco, and boycotting pharmaceuticals.
My opinion can and may change though, it has been known :rolleyes:.

Gorilla
Dec 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
for me boycotting is about going as far as i can. i can't boycott all companies that i believe to be unethical - i can't always shop in veg*n shops, i can't avoid medications at the moment, etc. but if i can easily avoid a product/service from a company that totally goes against my beliefs then i will.

cobweb
Dec 19th, 2008, 10:41 PM
yep, i totally get you and that is exactly what i used to.........maybe i am feeling a bit jaded/cynical atm.

Zero
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Please don't feel bad about it. It's a non vegan world remember.

Many people say that pringles themselves are actually tested on animals but thats a load of crap. Just don't buy them anymore if you don't want your money to go to P&G. :)

Zero
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
lidl do vegan dark chocolate digestives, 58p, wonderful!

Yeah, I purchased those before, not so wonderful when eat half the pack and feel ill though :eek:

cobweb
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM
^ ha-ha, i've done that a few times! :o

Buddha Belly
Dec 20th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Helen has done that at work, we both do it at home. Along with Sainsbury's bacon frie crisps

bradders
Dec 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
WHAT, only ate half a pack! one pack of biscuits = one portion of biscuits

dean bracher
Dec 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM
It would have to be wild blueberry swedish glaze with hot apple crumble...its gorgeous and needs to be tried to be believed...

Zero
Dec 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
Yes....... Wild Blueberry Swedish Glace is almost 'too tasty!'

RossClement
Dec 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Oh my god.
Tesco's chilli topped houmous is better than life itself.
I could eat it by the truckload.

I tried some. It does taste very nice indeed.

Yes....... Wild Blueberry Swedish Glace is almost 'too tasty!'

Oooh, I must try some of this.

Yeah, its a kind of cheese spread. Sorry to say i cant recommend it eeewwwwww YUK!

Fortunately we have the IMHO most delicious Scheese brand soya "cheese" spreads to fill that niche.

WildWitch
Dec 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
It would have to be wild blueberry swedish glaze with hot apple crumble...its gorgeous and needs to be tried to be believed...

What What What!!!!! theres a blueberry swedish glace, where?!? Not seen that one in my location yet.

WildWitch
Dec 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I tried some. It does taste very nice indeed.

Oooh, I must try some of this.

Fortunately we have the IMHO most delicious Scheese brand soya "cheese" spreads to fill that niche.

Mmmmm i have mexican sheeze on crackers right now, best thing ever though have to travel right across the south end of wales to get it im afraid. Tried it on jacket spud yet mmmmmm delicious.

RossClement
Dec 24th, 2008, 04:20 PM
What What What!!!!! theres a blueberry swedish glace, where?!? Not seen that one in my location yet.

There was a tub of it in Currant Affairs in Leicester today. But I'd already bought the neopolitan tub, and there's only a certain amount of space in our freezer.

No use to you of course, but it is around.

WildWitch
Dec 24th, 2008, 11:15 PM
There was a tub of it in Currant Affairs in Leicester today. But I'd already bought the neopolitan tub, and there's only a certain amount of space in our freezer.

No use to you of course, but it is around.

Round here it seems i can only get vanilla swedish glace, sometimes chocolate. Tesco have recently started doing neopolitan though. Wish places round here would stock more varieties.

convectuoso
Dec 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM
my local health shop sells the blueberry one
it's delicious, if slightly sickly

Simon
Dec 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
lidl do vegan dark chocolate digestives, 58p, wonderful!

:D Fantastic, I have been searching for vegan choc digestives for ages!! They always have milk in, can't wait to pop up to lidl and get some.

Found a few things I didn't realise were vegan lately.
Aldi's bake at home croissants that come in a tin in the fridge section (very yum)
Waitrose do a Belgian whole nut chocolate bar
Ben and jerrys fruit sorbets
Tesco finest plain chocolate and ginger cereal bars
Tesco brandy liqour chocolates (only 99p too :))
9 bar from wholebake do a vegan variety, I think its the nutty one (all the others contain honey) It's a carob coated nut and seed bar