PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

puffin
May 31st, 2005, 10:02 PM
We've got a fairtrade shop in my 'locality' :rolleyes: to see where your nearest is the website is here (http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/). :) It might give you a clue! :D

U know who :cool:
Thank you Mozbee, i shall have a look
I am still waiting till after the holiday though then i am on a mission to find some :D

Mozbee
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:50 PM
There's only nine in a packet :) think of those nutritious brazils nuts and the people you'd be supporting, go on share a pack with some chums! :D

puffin
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
There's only nine in a packet :) think of those nutritious brazils nuts and the people you'd be supporting, go on share a pack with some chums! :D
No im not listening laaa laaa :D ;)

Mozbee
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Make sure you've got plenty of factor 60 suncream on then! :);)

mememe
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:53 PM
OOOh, yum, I like Brazils too, but you get a bad one and the off taste stays in your mouth for ages, that's the only trouble with nuts!

puffin
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:40 PM
Make sure you've got plenty of factor 60 suncream on then! :);)
Factor 60 in Thetford :eek: ;)

Jax
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Booja booja hazelnut crunch rochers are my favourite...mmm...and they're in big boxes now...I can feel my waistline expanding at the mere thought!

Mozbee
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Booja booja hazelnut crunch rochers are my favourite...mmm...and they're in big boxes now...I can feel my waistline expanding at the mere thought!
Expensive but worth inventing a special occasion for! :p

Kevster
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:47 PM
Animal Aid currently have some very cheap Booja Booja and Cocoa Tree chocolate in their specials section. I bought some recently but that is THE last time, i now draw the line.
My obsession with luxury chocolate is now over.

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/shop/specials.htm

Cat
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:07 PM
LM range was mentioned in the Animal aid magazine Outrage, it says
"we are delighted to learn that some of Linda McCartneys products are now suitable for vegans, including Deep Country Pies, Cocktail Sausage Rolls, Sausage Rolls, Vegetable Slices, Sausages and sundried Tomato Sausages"
Hope that helps :)
Well that solves a mystery for me! My boyfreind bought some Linda McCartney sausages for me after scrutinising the ingredients for about half an hour, I was sure they weren't vegan though so I haven't touched them - now I can, that's assuming he hasn't eaten them all by now.

tails4wagging
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Traidcraft's Brazil Nut cookies are lovely (on the bickie subject :D)

Where can I get some from????.

Mozbee
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Where can I get some from????.
Online this (http://www.ethicalshopper.co.uk/ecommerce/control/product/~category_id=SWEETSANDCHOCOLATE/~product_id=TC136956) seems to be the cheapest place.

Here's a picture (http://www.traidcraftshop.co.uk/products/detail.asp?productCode=36956) of them though. :)

OK Tails4wagging

Happy munching
Mozbee :D

Realfood Mary
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I have just discovered chinese tofu, pickled in red rice wine. It is GORGEOUS!!! I put it in sushi yesterday and couldn't believe how nice it was.

This morning I have been picking at it, and thinking "Hmmm, what does this remind me of." I suddenly realised. It tastes exactly like stilton! So if like me you used to like mouldy rotten cheese, finally a vegan version! Okay, the red rice wine means it is red, not blue, but wow, what a potent taste. :D

Mary

Raskolnikov
Jul 4th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I have to admit that I prefer not to shop in supermarkets, but one product I am an absolute sucker for is Tesco's own-brand hummous (sp?). Try as I might, I just can't replicate the taste when I've tried making it from scratch. If they ever change the ingredients and add an animal-derived additive, I would be in mourning for weeks.

Mozbee
Jul 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Yes I know T*sco hummous is delishious! :p

catmogg
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Yum, all this talk of food is making me hungry...

I adore carob gingers, i buy them in holland and barrat cos they don't glaze theirs with insects!! On the savory side i like those sage slices by the redwood company and taifurn's basil tofu is something else in a nice crisp salad!!

Has anyone tried those vegan marshmallows from vegan store, i'd like to try them but don't want to be dissapointed (they're quite expensive)!!

Mozbee
Jul 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Catmogg! My tastebuds stayed dry when I saw the price ;)

catmogg
Jul 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
yeah i know, i mean how good could they be worth the price, even dunked in green and blacks hot chocolate made with that new thick soya cream they also stock... Torture

You're from Yorkshire!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

puffin
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Has anyone tried those vegan marshmallows from vegan store, i'd like to try them but don't want to be dissapointed (they're quite expensive)!!
I have tried them, i bought some for my son for his birthday, they are quite expensive but they do taste good. The soya squirty cream is also lovely :D

catmogg
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Wow, might have to indulge....

puffin
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I am sitting at home right now with my Green and Blacks cocoa, with cream and marshmallows, i hope my son doesnt notice that some are missing :o

Mozbee
Jul 10th, 2005, 12:18 AM
What do you think to Alpro's New Recipe Soya Cream?

Kumem
Jul 10th, 2005, 01:33 AM

Love it. It seems to find it's way into almost everything I eat at the moment though :o

Mozbee
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Oh good! I'm not keen though I liked the old one best - good old Soya Dream

puffin
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I think it tastes the same as it always has, kind of ok on its own, but much better with mustard and put over my roast veg :)