PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Semi-Fruitarian Diet?

Urban
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:19 AM
As some of you may know from my previous posts, I am trying to lose a bit of weight and gain some muscle instead. I noticed that I (funnily enough) gained a bit of weight since i turned vegan.

I ventured off to become a 100% fruitarian after 3 months of veganism. I stopped my fruitarian diet though after I nearly passed out in class and after a friend told me about developing health issues with his fruitarian brother (he has to take meds for a thyroid issue now).

It's difficult for me to plan on exercise since I'm booked with school work and a job. In the process, I decided to become fruitarian since weight loss came immedietly.

I was wondering what you all would thought if I became a semi-fruitarian. Meaning, I would eat a vegan (not fruitarian) breakfast and a vegan lunch (composed of COOKED vegetables only). Dinner will occassionally be skipped (I don't really like to eat dinner, though I may or may not have snacks from time to time, and who knows, there may be those occasions where I do eat a light dinner). I will replace misc. snacks with fruits, and try to incorporate a little bit of fruit to my breakfast.

I will try my best to incorporate a bit of exercise every day (say, 10-15 minutes of various types of exercises... mainly resistance type exercises).
:confused:
What do you guys think about this?

twinkle
Feb 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I think it might be a good idea if you consulted a qualified nutritionist. Failing that, keep meticulous track in a nutrition programme to make sure you're getting enough of eveything.

snowflower
Feb 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Are you making sure that you get enough calories, fats, protein, etc? I think that would be the main thing for concern..

Urban
Feb 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Yes I'm confident that I'll be getting the proper nutrients in my body. As far as calories go, I'm trying to limit it to 1350 calories a day. Last time when I went dieting it was 1250 calories so I think I can handle it. :cool::p:D

Andy_T
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Wow, 1350 calories sure does not sound much (unless you are an 80 lb girl, that is).

Check out dr. Doug graham's 80/10/10 diet book, it deals with exactly that issue (how to thrive on a primarily fruitarian diet)

Best regards,
Andy

Urban
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Wow Andy, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to check out the book.