PDA

View Full Version : UK Vegan Podcast?

Bartlebee
Feb 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Now I know there are some really great Vegan podcasts out there but I haven't really come across one that highlights stuff in the UK, even though the Vegan society was founded here and we do have quite a good selection of animal rights groups we seem to be lagging behind a bit!
So to get in on the action and hopefully promote veganism a bit more I'm thinking of starting a UK Vegan podcast, it would hopefully be a light hearted show with vegan/animal rights related news, interviews with people from within the movement, a Q&A/comments section for people to air their views or ask questions and some music.

Were this podcast would differ, apart from the stuff I've outlined it would be great to publicise groups in the UK that are active doing stalls/education events, campaigns you may not have known about, publicise good places to eat and businesses etc all sent in by the listeners and people involved in them.

It'd be great to get some feedback to see if you think its a good idea, (maybe the world doesn't need another Vegan podcast!) but if you do then put some ideas up and maybe get involved!

angie54321
Feb 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I'd definitely be interested, especially in relation to what is available in the UK, and also animal rights issues in the UK. I also like the idea of publicising local events and restaurant or area reviews.

Go for it - you've got at least one listener lined up! :D

Gwydion
Feb 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Indeed, and another. Can't see how this would be a bad idea :bigsmile:

lastx
Feb 28th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Can I volunteer as listener number three?

Jiffy
Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
I used to listen to Veganfreak but I found all the gratuitous effing and blinding tiresome. A more UK orientated podcast would be most welcome.

Ms_Derious
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM
I'd like a UK podcast. It's rather frustration to have lots of products chatted about which I can't get hold of in the UK, and lots of campaigns aimed at US companies who aren't going to give the very slightest bit of care to my threats to boycott them... because I'm not a customer in the first place!

I used to listen to Veganfreak but I found all the gratuitous effing and blinding tiresome.

But how else are you going to know how cool they are?????

Blueberries
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I'd definately be interested in hearing a Uk/Irish podcast or possible being involved if I had the time or the right opportunity came up :D

Bartlebee
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Well great to see theres some interest! I was hoping for some nice fella to say "Great idea I'll host it!"

While I'm a bit busy holding atm I'll be going to the Animal Rights Gathering this Sunday and hopefully pick up some ideas and techniques!
Oh anyone with a name idea would be helpful!

pusskins
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Yes, a UK-oriented podcast is definitely something I would support, and would love to get involved in. Or a podcast not necessarily any one country focused, and not so 'right-on'. When you get back with some ideas and stuff, Bartlebee, I'd be quite happy to be a sounding board! Totally behind you with this one :thumbsup:

Bartlebee
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM
So my "Right-on Vegan!" name is out the window (that actually sounds like one someone would do)

Well focus wise would depend on content, I just found that other countries seem to do a better job at highlighting stories and stuff in their own countries and I thought it would be a good networking tip for groups doing activities in the UK, but there could also be world news and interviews from other areas in the world.

pusskins
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Sounds perfect to me! :)

eta: and yes, that name would probably do us few favours! ;)

kikifromscotland
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a great idea- I would listen too!! I am so awful at thinking of names for things though I am not even going to try :p

Gwydion
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Purple Potato Podcast

Or PPP

Or Treble P

Or P x 3

Yeah, no worries. Don't mention it :p

Bartlebee
Mar 11th, 2011, 12:06 AM

Unfortunatly Sexy Vegan (http://www.thesexyvegan.com/index.html) has just been taken!
I'm circling around "Dr. Vegan or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Humous" or notAnyway I'll be at the Ar gathering on sunday I think which has some interesting workshops and hoepfully inspiring people so I'd love to maybe get one out for next Wenesday? I might pass it to people on here before hand to maybe get some pointers but if anyone wants a topic for me to start on then throw it out there.