PDA

View Full Version : How Old Were You....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

feral
Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Vegetarian at 12/13 much to the dismay of my farming family.
Vegan at 34, much to the dismay of my vegetarian mum who's worried about my calcium intake lol.

stef
Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Vegetarian at 12/13 much to the dismay of my farming family.
Vegan at 34, much to the dismay of my vegetarian mum who's worried about my calcium intake lol.

Hi feral

Eat plenty of dark green vegetables....Kale, spinach, brocolli....tofu, almonds, fresh figs, seeds.......and you'll never have to worry about your calcium intake:)

love
stef

feral
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks stef, luckly I do lurve me dark green veg etc.

saucyvegan
Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
:) Oh I thort this was going to be a rude thread!!!!

Erm ive been veggie for 20 years and vegan for 18 months only im afraid....but I got there in the end!:)

DancingWillow
Mar 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Became a vegetarian at 14 and vegan at 21.

Klutz
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
I was never a vegetarian. I went vegan at age 30 during the lunar new year last year.

veggiesosage
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
:) Oh I thort this was going to be a rude thread!!!!

You've got a one track mind woman:D :D

saucyvegan
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
You've got a one track mind woman:D :D
Choo choo!!:) :)

Juice
Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:18 AM
I thought it was gonna be a naughty thread too. I'm sure I had a disappointed look on my face when seeing what it really was.

tipsy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
i do have to say that i was also thinking this.... errrr..... ummmm...

one track mind for sure... especially with some vodka in my veins...

wheres that damned drunk thread when you need it??!?!?

:D

Enchantress
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Pescaterian from birth.
Gave up fish when I was about 11.
Vegan at 15.

Yst
Mar 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I went vegetarian for about two weeks at the age of 19 before going vegan subsequently. I guess it didn't take me long to lose faith in the idea that merely not eating meat was morally sufficent. Have been vegan for the somewhere over five years since.

the_red_star
Apr 10th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I became vegetarian at the age of 9. I was and have always been very strict but i have only been vegan for just over a year. It took me that long to realise i was vegetarian and the next logical step was to become vegan. After all, vegetarians are just vegans in waiting! :)

veganashtangi
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Mostly vegetarian since I was 14 or so. I decided to make the transition to vegan about half a year ago (shortly before turning 22).

~Lenore
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I volentarily stopped eating meat at age 9, when I really made the connection that it was a dead animal.
I never liked it anyway. I hated the taste and texture but my mom made me eat it. Then eventually she just gave up trying, I guess. :p
From 9 to 15 I was basically meatless with the exception of shrimp or tuna a couple times a year, and at 15 I decided to become 100% vegan.
I'm now almost 17 and have been going strong since. :D

VeganGirl2006
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I just made the transition to vegan and I am 27. :)

jennyL
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:41 AM

Haniska
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I went vegetarian at 13, shortly after we bought chicken patties which turned out to be veal. I tried to go lacto-only at 15 or so. My concerned parents had me read up on vegetarianism and I read about how chickens are debeaked. My mom put me down for it in the middle of Giant and I cried. I guess I forgot about it after that because I don't remember having any qualms about eating eggs or anything later :confused: Oh shoot, actually I ate clams until my ex-boyfriend told me that they would escape predators; I was somwhere between 16-18. I became vegan at 18 after reading Susan Powter's "Food". Fruitarian at 19 in delight that I would not have to kill ANYTHING. Raw foodsish, then anorexic at 20. I moved back in with my dad, and at my depleted state made the decision to go back to omni. I actually thought it through and remembered that I never felt well and maybe I should eat meat. I occasionaly couldn't eat stuff with bones in it but for the most part I was happy to be part of the crowd. After 3 years of that I still didn't feel well. I thought about going on a diet one day and figured I should eat a veg diet. I was afraid because I associated that with my anorexia. Then one day my fiance and I were eating some farm fresh eggs and one had a "rooster's mark" on it. I felt so bad for that little chick who never got to live. I decided to give it a try and have been vegan since last August.

hedgefire
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I went vegetarian by myself when I was 9, lapsed for a year when I was 12, then became vegetarian again. Am now vegan (aged 16).

Kalia
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I decided to be a vegeterian when I was 6, but my carnibore parents were against it and since a 6 year old doesn't really cook for herself I just avoided whatever I knew was meat. They didn't tell me Tuna was a fish =/ so by the time I was 8, 9 I was completely vegeterian.
I am 16 now, and recently decided to go vegan. it's been 38 days :)

auntierozzi
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Vegan at 38. It's never too late to change.

PygmyGoat
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Is that a new word in Kalia's post - 'Carni-bore' :D ?? . I like it! ;) .

veggiejess
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:46 PM
officially went vegan on my 21st birthday, which was, well, last monday. :)

Kalia
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Is that a new word in Kalia's post - 'Carni-bore' :D ?? . I like it! ;) .

lol it's not a new word
carnibore = meat eaters
I use this word all the time :D

VeganMata
Oct 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM
went vegan at 15 but went veggie at 10 ;)