PDA

View Full Version : Tater Tots

Pages : [1] 2

AdamLayish
Mar 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Are they vegan? I had some in school, and I asked the lunch lady if they had butter and she said no, but she didn't know if they were vegan but I assumed they were

twinkle
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:09 PM
They are according to this blog, but living in a country where we don't get tater tots (I don't think), I have no idea how many brands there are. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Bzce5_ZlG8AJ:www.sideofsneakers.com/2011/02/03/because-tater-tots-are-vegan/+tater+tots+vegan&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

You might get a more accurate response from the lunch lady if you ask to see the packaging? That's what I do if the servers don't seem to know what animal products are (like thinking cocoa butter isn't vegan, because it's got the word butter in there).

missbettie
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
tator tots are my life. i have yet to find any that aren't vegan. :) which is lovely.

veganwitch
Mar 15th, 2011, 01:26 AM
tator tots are my life

It's a wonderful life, isn't it missb?

pusskins
Mar 15th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Do you know, I always had it in my mind that tater tots were candy. How wrong was I?!

sandra
Mar 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I hadn't heard about Tater Tots before reading Adam's thread.......................now I want some! :)

missbettie
Mar 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I can't fathom people not knowing what tator tots are.... yum yum yum!!

sandra
Mar 15th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Stop making me jealous now Missbettie! :(

Gwydion
Mar 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
*GOOGLE CHOP!*

Hmm, yeah, I also thought they were a candyfied nom of some sort. Prefer the thought of the reality though :)

missbettie
Mar 15th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I can't believe you guys!!! how did you live!?!? Its so funny, cause they are super common here. like sold in cafeterias at schools.

pusskins
Mar 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
And do you know - see, this is what I'm like - I only got the link between tater and potato after discussing it avidly with my partner whilst we were walking home last night. After all these years of hearing of tater tots but never really looking in to them. I said, after about 10 minutes discussion about the whole thing, "Ohhh! I get it now! Tater! Potato! I seeeee!" and then I realise I am walking on my own. I turn around to see my partner staring at me, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. "Are you serious? You never got that?"

Doh! :o

sandra
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
^lol

I hope Adam's enjoying eating the tater tots at school, now he knows they're vegan. Let us know, won't you Adam? :)

leedsveg
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
And do you know - see, this is what I'm like - I only got the link between tater and potato after discussing it avidly with my partner whilst we were walking home last night. After all these years of hearing of tater tots but never really looking in to them. I said, after about 10 minutes discussion about the whole thing, "Ohhh! I get it now! Tater! Potato! I seeeee!" and then I realise I am walking on my own. I turn around to see my partner staring at me, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. "Are you serious? You never got that?"

Doh! :o

Did you know, pusskins, that Hitler's real name was Spud Murphy? That's why he was often called The Great Dick Tater! :D

(I'd never even heard of tater tots before now.)

Leedsveg:thumbsup:

pusskins
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks, leedsveg :D I really am such a doof sometimes.

And I'm now going to have to try making tater tots, aren't I?

CrazyDiamond
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yum! I adore tater tots! :D

leedsveg
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks, leedsveg :D I really am such a doof sometimes.

I hope I've not left you with a chip on your shoulder.......?:D

Leedsveg

pusskins
Mar 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
*groan* :cool: I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any more puns...

emmapresley
Mar 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
arent our sort of version like potato croquettes? im not keen..though we have stuff like smiley faces and waffles. my daughter likes potato waffles very mash

(er, that was a pun, so bad i pointed it out so it wouldnt get missed. sorry.)

sandra
Mar 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
^ :D

I think Leedsveg is the 'CHAMP' at this pun game though! ;) :D

(Get it.........'champ'...........?)

harpy
Mar 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I had to look up tater tots, but it seems they are a kind of miniaturised hash browns - sauté speak!

sandra
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM
^Ha ha! Love it! :thumbsup: lol

leedsveg
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I get my humour from living (in Leeds) just up the road from Kirkstall Abbey. Used to be quite a lot of fryers there, but they all turned into chip-monks, once Sir Walter Raleigh arrived with a sack of spuds.:dizzy:

Leedsveg

sandra
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM
lol lol lol

(It was the 'Fryers' bit got me! :D)

kikifromscotland
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
They are according to this blog, but living in a country where we don't get tater tots (I don't think)...

I thought tater tots were like potato croquettes? I've seen them in napoleon dynamite but can't really remember if the shape is the same.

kikifromscotland
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:34 PM
arent our sort of version like potato croquettes? im not keen..though we have stuff like smiley faces and waffles. my daughter likes potato waffles very mash

(er, that was a pun, so bad i pointed it out so it wouldnt get missed. sorry.)

Oops, clearly missed part of the thread being on my phone.