PDA

View Full Version : Swedish boy mauled by bear

Korn
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Swedish boy mauled by bear (http://www.thelocal.se/32832/20110326/)

What they don't mention in this article is that after having been attacked by the bear and ended up in hospital, the boy says says that since he by accident upset the hibernating bear by coming too close to her winter lear while skiing, he's not surprised that the bear did what it did. The 12-year old boy defends the bear and is more worried about the brown bear's two cubs, which are still in the lair without their mother, and glad that they don't consider killing the bear: "It felt threatened by me, so what should it do?"

If only adults having been pulled into a bear's winter lair and bitten by a shocked bear mother would have felt the same empathy...

http://www.croatianworld.net/Letters/bearsSavaTaraKupa.jpg

LuvAllLife
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:57 PM
The world needs more young boys like that! There are so many situations where "animals attack" and the media only shows a certain side. How often have we seen footage of 'rampaging' circus elephants being gunned down. No one tells you of the years of misery and abuse they suffer before they snap!
Kudos to this young fellow and I hope he has a speedy recovery; and I hope those cubs get their mother back.

leedsveg
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
The world needs more young boys like that! There are so many situations where "animals attack" and the media only shows a certain side. How often have we seen footage of 'rampaging' circus elephants being gunned down. No one tells you of the years of misery and abuse they suffer before they snap!
Kudos to this young fellow and I hope he has a speedy recovery; and I hope those cubs get their mother back.

Well said, LAL.:thumbsup:

lv

Assaye
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
The mother bear didn't return so the police had the cubs destroyed.

Barefootinthegrass
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
What a great attitude that boy has. So sad about the cubs.

Assaye
Apr 4th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I know =(

A bear sanctuary even offered to take the cubs, but the police said no.