PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Vegan Foods

pusskins
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Dirty Vegan Foods (http://www.dirtyveganfoods.com/Home.html)

This is really only relevant to our friends in the US, but you can buy something called a Winky on here which, I presume, is a vegan version of the snack called Twinkies? And other nice stuff, besides :D

Apologies if this has been posted before, or if it is a well-known website! I found them on twitter.

RubyDuby
Apr 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM
awesome! Thanks!

Gwydion
Apr 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Freaky! Just last night I was wondering whether anybody made a vegan twinkie after watching a certain episode of Family Guy.

Awesome. Now to marry an American.

twinkle
Apr 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I think Cakewalk (http://www.cakewalkbakingcompany.com/) were the original vegan bakery to sell twinkies, only they call them Dillos? They're the ones Woody Harrelson ate in Zombieland when he's meant to be eating actual twinkies.

I like the bit with Randy Newman in the Family Guy episode. Also the giant rats Meg leaves Mr Swenson fighting off.

ETA: actually, I'm not sure if it was Dillos Woody was eating, I know they've been around for some time though. There's also a recipe for twinkies early on in the Vegan Lunchbox blog.

fondducoeur
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Thanks for posting! I definitely don't need to be eating any of that food, but I am happy to know it exists in case I get a terrible craving for twinkies or creme filled cupcakes!

pusskins
Apr 5th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I think Cakewalk (http://www.cakewalkbakingcompany.com/) were the original vegan bakery to sell twinkies, only they call them Dillos? They're the ones Woody Harrelson ate in Zombieland when he's meant to be eating actual twinkies.

I like the bit with Randy Newman in the Family Guy episode. Also the giant rats Meg leaves Mr Swenson fighting off.

ETA: actually, I'm not sure if it was Dillos Woody was eating, I know they've been around for some time though. There's also a recipe for twinkies early on in the Vegan Lunchbox blog.

I think I'm going to need about a year of touring the US... I need to fit in these kinda places, and all the gyms, too :p

VigilAnimal
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Hey you guys, Dirty Vegan foods was at my college, PC, for the stuartstock music fest this past weekend and O M G!!! These taste amazing! since goin vegan I haven't tasted anything like this. They taste and look like Hostess food (the cookie remind of the cookies in the malls, the ones that smell so good and are soft- forget name of them) but even better b/c they are healthier and you don't get a gross aftertaste like after the artificaL Stuff. I tried one of each thing they had (was cupcake, twinkie, cookies, ring-ding ding-dong) and after me and my roomate ate them all we googled to find the website and found this thread. So just wanted to share my good experience with you guys. Also I did find their site www.dirtyveganfoods.com and on the blog says they have an etsy shop now which is awesome b/c i am on etsy all thetime for my vintage vegan stuff. So I recomend these, were amazng. Just great snack food products, we are going to keep the dorm stocked with these vegan yummies! ;)