PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian mag. - OK to use some meat dish photo's?

Name 5434
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
just read in the news that a US vegetarian mag. is defending, due to high operating costs, its use of some "stock" meat dish photo's (one photoshopped ie bones were aired out) to illustrate vegan dishes
apparently it's a privately owned company run by vegans so should we not be too judgmental considering they are otherwise doing a good job & promoting the vegan ethic?

DeMontfort
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Too judgement because we call ourselves vegans yet don't eat meat? Please.

If someone makes a mistake than criticising then for it is being too judgemental but willingly eating animal products is a different matter. Utterly digesting.

*edit*

Sorry I completely misread your post and swung of the handle there.
I don't think they should be displaying images of meat dishes as it reinforces the concept that food = meat. I truly believe that the main reason my people find it hard to give up animal products or that longterm vegetarian slip back into eating meats because of this cultural acceptance so to reinforce thickets in a vegetarian magazine is not a good idea.

I understand why they are doing it but isnt there an alternative?
Perhaps not.

Also, surely as vegans they should be encouraging vegetarians to use dairy substitutes as opposed to 'liminally' encouraging them to eat meat?