PDA

View Full Version : What do you call someone who eats pork?

DeMontfort
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
With all these silly terms around describing exactly what people eat (pollo-vegetarians, pescitarians etc)
I think my fiancé is starting to feel a little bit left out so what would you call a 'vegetarian' who eats pork? Apart from the obvious non-vegetarian or omnivore of course.

This is only really a joke question but he does make a stand against eating fish, ducks and chicken and will only eat beef to 'reserve diplomatic relations' with his grandparents when they unexpectedly serve it. So the only animal he does eat 'willingly' is pork. Pollo-vegetarians (hilariously) call themselves vegetarians so why shouldn't someone who only eats pork not give themselves a title?

sandra
Apr 16th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I think all these extra names are silly, you can't call yourself vegetarian if you eat ANY animal. You are either a vegetarian or you're not as far as I'm concerned. :)

RubyDuby
Apr 16th, 2011, 01:12 PM
yeah, I'll have to go with the (decidedly unfunny) "omnivore". :D

pork-and-sometimes-beef-etarian doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Johnstuff
Apr 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Why are pigs an exception?

Firestorm
Apr 16th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I agree with Sandra regarding all the names people give themselves to pretend they're vegetarian when they are not.
You either eat animals or you dont, there is no middle ground.

But as you have said this is a jokey question how about an "Elmertarian" after Elmer Fudd?:p

Clueless Git
Apr 16th, 2011, 09:16 PM
This is only really a joke question ...
Oh good ...

Porci-Pain-in-the-ass?

Hamburglar?

Gammon-Gobbler?

Bacannibal/Baconibbal?

Pig-ME?

RubyDuby
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hamburglar. LOL

cobweb
Apr 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Hamburglar. LOL

lol that is actually pretty funny, CS :cool:

Columba
May 6th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Suidaterian? Pretty sure that would be right, if we're going by pesca- and polla- rules.

hedge
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Not Jewish.......

leedsveg
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Obviously the person eating pork is still an omnivore.

lv

CoolCat
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
If you google for porcitarian you will find some hits for it... sadly.

BunkyVegan
Aug 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I just googled porcitarian and had a laugh at some of the terms. Apparently if you don't eat beef you can call youself a pesca-pollo-porcitarian. :rolleyes:

It seems like people want to be a vegetarian (so they must know there is a good reason for doing so), but they don't have the willpower so they add all these modifiers to it so they can at least be a something-etarian. lol

CoolCat
Aug 24th, 2011, 11:25 PM
In a venn diagram they all group together in bullshitarian :)

BunkyVegan
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:31 AM
^ :lol: Yes, certainly for a pesca-pollo-porcatarian (I like writing it now because it's a tongue twister :p), that is really stretching it! I've met a couple people who say they are a vegetarian because they don't eat red meat and I've always wondered what the thought process was that led them to the term 'vegetarian', but I don't want to seem rude by asking!

So the only animal he does eat 'willingly' is pork
I am also curious why he still eats pork but no other animal products? Does he want to become a vegetarian but is finding it too difficult to give up the pork? I know bacon can be a real tough one for some people, especially for men. For women it seems to be cheese and milk.

maggielassie
Aug 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
The pork industry is one of the most abusive animal exploitation industries (based on footage I've seen).

Risker
Aug 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I call him Nick.

Sidhariel
Sep 20th, 2011, 02:18 PM
If you google for porcitarian you will find some hits for it... sadly.

Hihi.. POORcitarians.. :P

Mary
Sep 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Oh I know I am late to the party but, Cool Cat's bullshitarian ? hahahahha
That said, it this topic also makes me sad! Pigs are some of the smartest animals with the most original personalities!!!!! Yes, they are all great but pigs..I just think they are too awesome.