PDA

View Full Version : (Rant) "Vegans eat plants so I can eat animals"

Pages : 1 [2]

snowflower
Apr 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
I read this and didn't like the part where he said all vegans are on protein pills.. does he know all the vegans in the world?? this person clearly did not do their research at all first before replying to you. I think you did a great job in replying and made really good points!

I have been running into this a lot lately myself, it seems like people have all these arguments against veganism but they haven't done any reading or research about the subject whereas vegans have often done a lot of research on it and have studies and articles they can show to others to back up what we are saying.

I got into it with someone myself this week, and the topic was people who raise their animals for food and slaughter them themselves, rather than buying meat in a store, and the person said that this was very humane, and that the people doing it really care about animals and it's okay because it makes them very happy. And I said, okay, so if I did the same thing to you that is done to these animals, and it made me very happy, is that okay? Would you consider it humane? And the person was not happy about what I had said. The same person also told me that hunters hunt because they really care about animals. :amazed_ani:

RubyDuby
Apr 20th, 2011, 12:11 AM
what's a protein pill? LOL

snowflower
Apr 20th, 2011, 12:29 AM
LOL, i know, i had to google it when i read it.. it looks like it's the same thing as a protein shake only in a pill, i guess people could use it for bodybuilding? I wasn't aware that protein pills existed until i read the thread!!

Clueless Git
Apr 20th, 2011, 02:02 AM
what's a protein pill? LOL

Something you take before you put your hemet on, apparently ..

Ground control to major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
(Ten) Ground control (Nine) to major Tom (Eight)
(Seven, six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four)
(Three, two) Check ignition (One) and may gods (Blastoff) love be with you

Clueless Git
Apr 20th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Cupid Stunt http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=680773#post680773)
We can choose to be kicked or kicker but I think, unfortunately, there are no genuine choices that lay inbetween those two extremes.
That's simply not true,
The majority will agree with that common sense opinion.

I don't agree due to my dabblings in forms of sense that are virtualy nonsense as they have nowt at all to with any kind of sense that is common.

I do agree with this what you said though ..

Veganism isn't some magic barometer that determines whether you're an ethical/worthwhile/moral person.

However anyone who hasnt reached the conclusion that veganism (or higher) is the correct way has a fundamental flaw in their basic moral mathematics that makes any calculations as to what is more or less moral highly likely to be flawed also.

Johnstuff named the flaw earlier in this topic.

No, vegans are not immune to that flaw but it is a flaw that is absolutely 100% guaranteed to be found in ALL omnis.

BlackBow
Apr 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM
What I would like to say Blackbow is that whereas "Time" spouted unsourced nonsense, you replied calmly with proven research and accurate facts/figures. Well done for keeping you cool with them, I wouldn't have been so restrained.

lol, you have no idea. It took a lot of deep breaths and trying to calm myself. And I tried so hard to keep my cool.
Then some lady on there called me "ridiculous" and said that the omnivores on there where "bending over" trying to be
polite and kind. And she said that because I politely said they were being a little hurtful to me. I'm done with that forum for
a while.

And these people where being nice compared to the other fight I got in on there. It actually made me cry ( the other fight not this one)
Plus I was a new vegan at the time and didn't have much info to give to them. I wasn't as "restrained" on that one lol.

snowflower
Apr 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Something you take before you put your hemet on, apparently ..

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
(Ten) Ground control (Nine) to major Tom (Eight)
(Seven, six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four)
(Three, two) Check ignition (One) and may gods (Blastoff) love be with you

LOL! it does sound like that doesn't it!

Clueless Git
Apr 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
LOL! it does sound like that doesn't it!

Aye, it's either that or beans the numptie in question was thinking of ..

Beans are like little protein pills:)

leedsveg
Apr 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
At least you tried BlackBow but you can't argue with idiots.

lv

vorpal
Apr 21st, 2011, 11:50 PM
At least you tried BlackBow but you can't argue with idiots.

lv

Aye.

As the saying goes:
Never argue with idiots, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I dunno who said it where but it seems to ring true.

Clueless Git
Apr 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Aye.

As the saying goes:
Never argue with idiots, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I dunno who said it where but it seems to ring true.

Aye it rings true and is mostly true ..

Another true thing is that with a little ... err ... 'intelligent questioning' of an idiot you can easily just become the facilitator in an argument between the idiot and himself. lol

T'is quite nice that when happens. The idiot often emerges a little wiser AND is even quite likely to see you as less of an enemy and more of a freind. :)