PDA

View Full Version : What easter egg did you get recieve?

Pages : [1] 2

Firestorm
Apr 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I thought it would be nice to start a post about what Easter eggs we have given or recieved this year...

I have got a Divine Egg with Brazils from Mum and Dad and from my alter ego (Rainstorm) I have got a Moo Free Egg, Montezumas Truffle eggs, Aldi Marzipan Eggs and some mini choc eggs from pound land...
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l560/firestorm2011/SDC10558.jpg

kikifromscotland
Apr 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Awesome! I haven't got mine yet. My parents are away and I fell out with my boyfriend (we have since made up but he hasn't brought my egg yet!) I bought myself some of those Montezumas mini eggs a while back they are AMAZING! :)

RubyDuby
Apr 24th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm pissed the Easter bunny didn't come.

Gwydion
Apr 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
^ aye, sweet Fanny Adams here as well.

B@stard.

Firestorm
Apr 24th, 2011, 03:13 PM

B@stard.

I would have thought the Easter bunny would have come to every Vegans house, they're the only places the bunny is safe from hunters - I will have a word and maybe he will come next year:p

Gwydion
Apr 24th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Cheers, would appreciate that.

Left him out some tofu and tequila and all.

Hopefully next year then.

RubyDuby
Apr 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I didn't leave him anything... guess that's what I get. The dogs/cats probably would have scared him away, but I don't see any chocolate droppings this year.

Glen Lambert
Apr 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
You people should be ashamed. Not only are Easter eggs nothing to do with the real wonder of today (which, by the way, is that it hasn't rained for four whole days) but, by buying chocolate 'eggs' you are further reinforcing the disassociation that eggs are acceptable food items and that there is no suffering attached.

...and I didn't get any either. Can you tell? ;)

Disclaimer: the above is a joke. Just in case it gets lost on anyone.:rolleyes:

emmapresley
Apr 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM

B@stard.

knack all for me too.

*sad face*

Firestorm
Apr 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
You people should be ashamed. Not only are Easter eggs nothing to do with the real wonder of today (which, by the way, is that it hasn't rained for four whole days) but, by buying chocolate 'eggs' you are further reinforcing the disassociation that eggs are acceptable food items and that there is no suffering attached.

I know your post is a joke, but seriously my sisters ex (who is a complete idiot) once told me that Easter eggs have nothing to do with rebirth, but are shaped as eggs as that was the shape of the rock that covered the entrance to Jesus' tomb:dizzy:.

Left him out some tofu and tequila and all
I find that Kahlua Mocha and Trifle work better:D

Glen Lambert
Apr 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I know your post is a joke, but seriously my sisters ex (who is a complete idiot) once told me that Easter eggs have nothing to do with rebirth, but are shaped as eggs as that was the shape of the rock that covered the entrance to Jesus' tomb:dizzy:.

Ha ha.. I'd have asked if Jebus' tomb was also flanked by two bars of chocolate and surrounded by gaudy packing too.

Firestorm
Apr 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Ha ha.. I'd have asked if Jebus' tomb was also flanked by two bars of chocolate and surrounded by gaudy packing too.
I like you sense of humour.
At this point I advise my sister to dump him, if only she had listened

harpy
Apr 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I seem to have scored 3 identical Celtic eggs from 3 different donors, not complaining mind! Am hoping my mother who claims not to like vegan chocolate will like the Moo Free one, but if not I may end up with that too

ROFL @ glen l

Firestorm
Apr 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I seem to have scored 3 identical Celtic eggs

Did you get Dark Celtic Eggs or "Milk" Celtic Eggs?

DiaShel
Apr 24th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I didn't get an egg but I got 4 little chocolate Buddas. They were delicious.

SmileyDiver
Apr 24th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I got a Maltesers egg from my dad. D'oh!

Bearshark
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I got a dark chocolate egg filled with little chocolate rabbits, and a massive bag of "milk" chocolate individually wrapped rabbits, too! Quite a lot of chocolate for someone who can only eat a bite or two before it makes her sick, it'll last me for months! :satisfied:

ratty
Apr 25th, 2011, 10:11 AM
i really wanted the moo free egg but instead i got 3(!) booja booja truffles in a pretty box from my parents. i also consumed a brandy chocolate cake which i baked and a vegan bounty and chocolate soya desert. nom nom nom. i'm not religious for me its just chocolate day :)

harpy
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Did you get Dark Celtic Eggs or "Milk" Celtic Eggs?

They're the dark ones - think our local H&B may have overbought those :) We have broached one and it's quite good - has a faint flavour of peppermint which after a moment's bafflement I realised comes from the fact that it has some peppermints stashed in the bottom. I like the idea of the chocolate Buddhas, are they in season though?

twinkle
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ratty - I made a chocolate cake that had brandy in too! We ate some on Saturday and some yesterday. It's clearly a winning idea :)

I had told my parents (who I went to visit for Easter) not to get me anything as everything I saw seemed ridiculously expensive for what it was, but I'm glad my mum ignored me! I got a pencil sharpener shaped like an egg, a small Divine dark egg, and a little plate in the shape of a hen. I got my dad the Montezuma mini praline eggs, mum got a papier mache fair trade box shaped like a chicken and both of them got Lindt dark chocolate bunnies which seemed to go down well. My dad is normally quite fussy about chocolate so I was pleased he liked the Montezuma's ones and the Lindt!

kikifromscotland
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I got a moo free egg and a big Kinnerton one from my bf :D I'm very lucky but being greedy I've noticed hotel chocolat has a 50% off sale and may buy some more chocolate....

pusskins
Apr 27th, 2011, 01:29 PM
...I've noticed hotel chocolat has a 50% off sale....

Do they??? :D Right...!

Firestorm
Apr 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oops, just realised that I meant to call this thread " What easter egg did you GIVE or recieve?"

twinkle
Apr 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oxfam are selling off their Divine Easter stuff half price. At £1.74 for 170g of the little dark chocolate eggs it's worth buying up their stuff just to cook with :) (chocolate prices have really gone up, haven't they? You'd never get fairtrade stuff for £1 per 100g otherwise at the moment :()

DiaShel
Apr 29th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I like the idea of the chocolate Buddhas, are they in season though?

They sure tasted that way. Especially there big bellies. Mm...