PDA

View Full Version : Color Me Vegan

Mountain Lady
May 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I just bought one of the nicest new vegan cookbooks called "Color Me Vegan" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. There are a lot of unique recipes that I haven't seen before in other cookbooks and they are arranged by the color category of foods. For example, Red Foods, Green Foods, Purple Foods. There's also an index in the back if you're looking for something specific. There are also a lot of nice photos of different dishes in the book.

I'm a big time vegan cookbook collector, I probably have around 40 of them and am always looking for something a little different and new ideas. Most of the recipes are low fat or have low fat options which is kind of nice. I always seem to be trying to lose a few pounds.

Amazon carries the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592334393

Fuzz Bunny
May 24th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I just got that from the "new books" section of my local library. It was nice to see that they're ordering lots of vegan cookbooks. Let me know if any recipe is particularly tasty so I can be sure to try it before it goes back.

Firestorm
May 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I was thinking about buying this one, but it would be my 32nd vegan cookbook, so I have refrained for now but I loved her other book "The Vegan Table" I think it was called, so I might have to buy this so it has something to keep it company

Mountain Lady
May 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Maybe I'll order her other one based on how much I like this. It's good to see so many vegan cookbooks out there.

greenmoma31
May 25th, 2011, 01:44 AM
I have this cookbook but have not gotten the chance to sit and plan a meal as Im in the beginning stages of the vegan diet and dont have most vegan staples on hand but overall Im happy with my purchase.. I highly recommend it to the non vegans as well as vegetarians we all need a little color in our diet!!