PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans/French Quarter Vegan Friendly?

Vegabond
May 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey people, I haven't posted in sooo long...anyway I will be travelling to New Orleans in September for the annual IES conferance and to be honest I am nervous. While visiting Syracuse last year I had a tough time finding vegan friendly places to eat, but that was only for 2 days and i had my car. This time I will not have a car, and I will be staying in the heart of the French Quarter, at the Hilton (which unfortunately has no small fridge in the room). So I am really looking for help here as to where I can eat, and if possible a good grocery store to buy things...might have to live on PB and J for the week. I don't travel much so like I mentioned earlier i am really nervous about going! Thanks.

Mymblesdaughter
May 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi

Have you looked on Happy Cow there seems to be a few places in New Orleans, not sure how close they are to where you'll be staying.

Here's the link http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/louisiana/new_orleans/

Fuzz Bunny
May 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Ask your hotel to bring a fridge to your room. I've travelled a lot around the US. Only once did they not have a fridge available when requested. (they then kept our stuff in the hotel fridge for us.)

My husband and I vacationed in The French Quarter 14 years ago, traveling with nonvegans. We did fine even though the nonvegans chose the restaurants. I remember a delicious meal that the chef made especially for us because there was nothing vegan on the menu. I don't remember the specifics of where we ate anymore, but I do remember that my husband and I were discussing how we'd love to go back to New Orleans on our plane ride back home.

I hope you have tons of fun on your trip!