PDA

View Full Version : Vegan snacks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

MillieAnne
Feb 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
So this is probably not the best for you snack in the world but I grew up with peanut butter lollipops (aka a huge spoon of peanut butter)

i love me some peanut butter I believe it has a become an obsession

JC
Feb 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
wow, i'll have to try frozen grapes, thanks for the tip! it means they won't go off too, bonus! :D

i love peanut butter too, but i don't generally allow myself to buy it because i can't be trusted not to make peanut butter lollipops all the time hehe!

yum
Feb 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
i'm about to bake some apple so it's like apple crumble wihout the crumble- trying to eat healthier. Will bake banana with it too.

Thanks for the tip about the frozen grapes- def will try that

x

PaintedXSkyline
Feb 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM
mm. i love frozen grapes :D

Cup'O'Tea
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM
wow, i'll have to try frozen grapes, thanks for the tip! it means they won't go off too, bonus! :D

i love peanut butter too, but i don't generally allow myself to buy it because i can't be trusted not to make peanut butter lollipops all the time hehe!
lol...I have a PB issue. I kinda binged on it on the weekend and my hips/tummy aren't looking so hot...so I'm not gonna buy it until I'm more in control, hah.

As for the grapes, some varieties freeze better than others. I have found that smaller grapes taste best frozen (they just kind of..pop when you bite them?), while larger ones don't do the trick as they get too slushy.

veganlibra
Mar 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Bananas
Apples
Almonds
Raisins
Whole Wheat Pita and Hummus
Popcorn

Yum!

veggiemaya
Mar 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Bananas
Apples
Almonds
Raisins
Whole Wheat Pita and Hummus
Popcorn

Yum!

i swear i could live on whole wheat pita and hummus! mmm...
ps.. i'm a fellow libra :)
http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/R/J/2/libra.jpg

Kitteh
Apr 7th, 2008, 02:15 AM
i'm about to bake some apple so it's like apple crumble wihout the crumble- trying to eat healthier. Will bake banana with it too.

Thanks for the tip about the frozen grapes- def will try that

x

A veggie cafe near my work has been doing vegan banana apple crumble. Basically banana and apple topped w/ some muesli looking stuff baked, no suagr added, it's yum!

At the moment I'm enjoying 2 Orgran corn crispibread w/ natural peanut butter or almond butter as a snack in the arvo or w/ some roast capsicum hommous.

KTeh
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Mmm... I'm currently addicted to Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus with whole wheat flatbread (they put a dollop of minced garlic & roasted peppers in the middle of the yumminess, as well!!)

A few of my other favorites are:
- Celery with peanut butter
- A quick sammich of steamed veggies, Tofutti Cream Cheese, and Italian herbs
- Soy yogurt with a crushed up granola bar on top
- Snow peas dipped in Goddess dressing

What about you guys?? What are your favorite super-quick nom noms? :D