PDA

View Full Version : Vegan snacks

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

qwaychou
Apr 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I try not to eat anything sweet at night, cause it'll keep me up, and even though i love to snack on carrots and pretzels, I tend to stay away for them too, late, because the crunch will wake me up, too. Yes, I'm a very sensitive sleeper, hee hee.
What I do like to snack on at night is some beans with homemade italian dressing on it, very yummy, very comforting.

Nadine
Apr 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
last nights was a soy hot chocolate & two doves farm fruit biscuits :o but it was yuuuuuum :D

Hey, that's exactly what I had last night :D

feral
Apr 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Oohh a cyber snack twin lol

sugarmouse
Apr 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
i wish i never got the urge but i do!3days per week i work until 9pm..my work break is at 5pm and i hate eating then:(im never that hungry..plus i hate eatin in public.so i usualy eat when i get home.if i didnt..i would find it harder to wind down i feel.usually soup or veggies.
if i have already eaten n just want to snack i stil eat veggies, hot chocolate made with soy milk, or soup:)

~Lenore
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Popcorn, definitely!

sugarmouse
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Its 3am n im eatin popadums and olives..lol

Roxy
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Usually it's sweet stuff.

Wildflower
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I usually don't snack at night, but if I do, I'll eat anything!

BlueMonarch
Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
What ever's in the fridge, modified by what ever i feel like eatn, modified by how lazy i am! lol
So... PB&J is always good... left overs, popcorn, cereal, bread n' "butter" (no not magarine, I use buttery spread by Earth Balance), apples, celery and a quick dressn (I always hae lemon juice, braggs and Udo's oil on hand)... ya kno... stuff.

poppy seed
Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:33 AM
I mentioned on another thread that my favorite bedtime snack is hummus....but it's not my husband's :rolleyes: so I'm looking for something new!

I've been on this forum for two days, and I'm amazed at all the new foods I'm coming across - I googled on "Marmite" because I've never heard of it before. What does it taste like? If it's a stinky kind of spread, I'd probably love it! What do you spread it on, and is it in the US?

poppy seed
May 14th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Okay, today I bought a jar of marmite. It's....well....interesting! I had a tiny taste on a spoon from the jar, and it's very salty. I put a little on crackers, and that was better. Then I put a little on a cracker with toffuti cream cheese and that was better still. So, thanks, I think, for the new taste sensation!

abrennan
May 14th, 2006, 03:38 AM
for a bed time snack the other night I had toast with sweet william chocolate sauce spread on it

Syren
May 14th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I try not to snack too much at night... but "not too much" leaves things quite open. ;D I go for the comfort foods: soymilk, smoothies, toasted multigrain bread, and cereal (especially Shreddies!). Occasionally fruit (strawberries or apples, mostly). Lots of Sleepytime and chamomile tea.

foxytina_69
May 14th, 2006, 05:35 AM
anything. cereal, baked potatoes, brown rice, fruit...

speedylemons
May 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM
It always seems to be crazy intense bowls of cereal. :o For example, last night i unfortunately ate two bowls of cereal like this:

hemp granola
almond milk
jumbo raisins
raw cashews and pecans
sliced banana
ground flaxseed

:rolleyes: What can i say, i'm in love with cereal!!!! i would take a bowl of cereal over a chocolate bar ANY day.

mophoto
May 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Cereal, sigh, always the cereal

me too!! cold cereal is like junk food to me... can eat a box in a matter of days, so i don't buy it that often... i wish i had some now:)

apple
May 18th, 2006, 02:06 AM
It'd have to be cereal for me too! I eat it dry though - especially the organic version of "Cheerios."

Tigerlily
May 18th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Right now I'm having nachos.

speedylemons
May 18th, 2006, 04:49 AM
i just finished a very strange sandwhich concoction with carob powder mixed with rice milk to form a goop and then some peanut butter, coconut and a banana.. hehe. :D yikes. i also ate a bunch of raw cashews and pecans. :eek:

Mystic
May 19th, 2006, 05:25 AM
I tend to eat dinner, and that's all. But on the weekends if I go out, I will come home and eat cereal, ice cream, chocolate soy milk, chips or corn chips or whatever is easy. Once I ate a vegan schnitzel :D

mophoto
May 19th, 2006, 05:28 AM
mmmmmmm, i wonder where i can get me some vegan schnitzel... i love vegan kielbasa.. almost time to fire up the grill

Mystic
May 19th, 2006, 05:35 AM
The brand I used to buy de-veganised them and they used to sell vegan schnitzel burgers at Pronto Brontos until they shut down :mad: No more schnitzels for Stickydate :(

mophoto
May 19th, 2006, 06:05 AM
No more schnitzels for Stickydate

that would be a great name for a band:D :D

Mystic
May 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM
LOL!! It would be :D

treehugga
May 19th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I just love toast and peanut butter. For some reason it tastes more delicious late at night.