PDA

View Full Version : Vegan snacks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

treehugga
May 19th, 2006, 09:25 AM
The brand I used to buy de-veganised them and they used to sell vegan schnitzel burgers at Pronto Brontos until they shut down :mad: No more schnitzels for Stickydate :(

What !! Pronto Bronto's shut down!! What about their delicious mango cheesecake?? I am now sinking into a deep depression :eek: :eek: :eek:

strawberry
May 19th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I usually just eat fruit at night if Im hungry after dinner....but if Im in a PMS state, I'll have a cookie or two :)

DancingWillow
May 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I usually eat dinner very late, so I don't eat nighttime snacks, but if I'm not hungry enough to eat dinner, I eat a snack, which is usually a 1-3 pieces of fruit, or a banana and a cup of almond milk, and maybe a spoonful of peanut butter:)

Enchantress
May 20th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I just had a lovely night time snack of pomegranate, medjool dates and walnuts.

speedylemons
May 20th, 2006, 01:27 AM
I can't wait until pomegranates come back to the grocery store here... mmmmmmmmm :D :D

Tigerlily
May 20th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Fruits suck for a snack.

Pft.

It has to be toast, nachos, chips, left over dinner, stuff like that. Mmmmm! Or late night Subway!

speedylemons
May 20th, 2006, 03:12 AM
yeah fruit definitely won't satisfy the late night munchies. i think i need a bowl of oatmeal right now. hahaha :D

poppy seed
May 20th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Tonight it was spicy guacamole and a whole wheat tortilla. My lips are stinging but my tum is so happy!

jem
May 20th, 2006, 05:36 AM
i hate eating late and try not to.
but sometimes i give in..... i'll be stressed or nervous about something.

tonight it was another orange.

treehugga
May 20th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I miss bananas. Here in Australia many of the banana crops got wiped out by a cyclone and banans are now about $3.00 ea. Boo Hoo :(

June
May 20th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Toast with peanut butter, raisins or ice cream.

Tigerlily
May 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I miss bananas. Here in Australia many of the banana crops got wiped out by a cyclone and banans are now about $3.00 ea. Boo Hoo :(

Wow! I wonder if that's why bananas are expensive here too? We get a lot of Australian fruit.

speedylemons
May 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
That's it. I'm done eating late at night. It's just becoming a daily habit and it must be stopped! Any advice? I try to tell myself that whatever im wanting i can have for breakfast and it kind of works.. :o not so much though.

Tigerlily
May 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Why do you want to stop eating at night?

I personally don't understand about people not eating at night. If you're hungry, eat!

Lorrs
May 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I usually have toast, cereal, chocolate, nuts, cocoa or a fruit tea. If it's the weekend it's sometimes glass of wine that will make me hungry and no doubt have me munching on at least 2 of the above. :rolleyes:

Russ
May 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Pistachios!!!

I have had vegan schnitzels before. Jesus. They are so unbelievably good.

Also it's not a good idea to eat too much before going to sleep, cause then it's harder to sleep, surely, with all the extra energy from food.

Cloudy
May 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Also it's not a good idea to eat too much before going to sleep, cause then it's harder to sleep, surely, with all the extra energy from food.

Hmm not for me :) Sometimes if I can't sleep and it's getting on for about 1am or something, a bowl of cereal is the only thing that'll do the trick!

Tigerlily
May 20th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, eating helps me fall asleep. I can't sleep when my tummy is grumbling!

Russ
May 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well then I guess I'm just an idiot.

sugarmouse
May 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Lol i guess that depends on the person doesnt it!lol
i definitly cant get to sleep very easily when i am hungry...but i never eat a lot before i go to bed so i wouldnt know how it affects me.

jem
May 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Well then I guess I'm just an idiot.

then i am too.
i can't sleep if i've recently eaten.
i'll feel sickly.

nervine
May 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
A veggie burger in a bun with onion, lettuce and chips. I always stuff some chips in the bun. Tastes awsome after you've drunk beer!

I really want some cheese on toast but we don't have any vegan cheese.. :(

nervine
May 21st, 2006, 02:23 AM
Peanut butter and banana on sprout bread
o.O

speedylemons
May 21st, 2006, 03:35 AM
cantaloupe.. unsweetened dried pineapple.. PEARS.. :o

Wildflower
May 21st, 2006, 03:46 AM

Wow, that sounds expensive.

That happened with oranges here in the US. All of the orange crops were wiped out last summer from hurricanes and oranges are expensive.

Hmmmmm, that probably sounds selfish I am complaining about orange prices when thosands of people are homeless, jobless and dead as a result of the bad storms. :confused: It is obviously not comparable... :(