PDA

View Full Version : Vegan snacks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Mystic
May 21st, 2006, 05:17 AM
I bought 3 bananas yesterday - I forgot to look at the price. It was $10.00 for three :eek:

sugarmouse
May 21st, 2006, 09:03 AM
Hmmmmm, that probably sounds selfish I am complaining about orange prices when thosands of people are homeless, jobless and dead as a result of the bad storms. :confused: It is obviously not comparable... :(

wildflower i think like that all the time...when i moan about something n then remember how lucky i am.
i like to drink coffee before bed..but very weak.

UrbanVegan
May 23rd, 2006, 03:14 AM
Water mostly. I just love a good filtered glass of water. It's like fine wine to me. Call me strange. I also tend to keep vegan peanut butter cookies around that I get from Whole foods. Every now and then I heat up some wheat bread and pour some olive oil in a dish and add pepper to the oil and make it a dipping sauce for the bread. Then there is the fruit soy smoothie I'll make if I feel hungry enough.

UrbanVegan
May 23rd, 2006, 03:14 AM
I bought 3 bananas yesterday - I forgot to look at the price. It was $10.00 for three :eek:

Even for organic bananas that's pricey. Sounds like they charged you the wrong price.

speedylemons
May 23rd, 2006, 05:01 AM
I bought non-organic bananas for 19 cents a lb today. I wish they could have been organic.. but it's nice that the natural foods store now carries fruit. it makes me happy. :)

Smoothie
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I simply looove frozen bananas. i have something like 20 bananas cut in half, in my freezer. good for anything; soy milk smoothies, with frozen raspberrys, just eatin' when i have the cravings for something sweet. yummie.

Blueshark
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Frozen bananas. I never thought of such a thing - me going to try that

Tigerlily
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Lately it's been tea! Yum.

claireyveg
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:03 AM
damn all you lucky banana people, i feel so potassium deprived, i miss my nanies!! :( I saw some organic ones the other day for 14.99!!! i remember a time not too long ago when they were $4 for organic and like 2.99 for non... *wipes away tear* GROW CROPS GROW!!

Mystic
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
OMG TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!! I miss nanies too. I saw someone with a banana today and I felt like snatching it hahaha

claireyveg
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
LOL! I was having a winge about it to my dad last night, i feel so guilty because i'm a brat who wants her bananas when there are farmers who lost their crops-income source, and people who lost their homes :(, but i just miss them... hehe

jennyL
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:50 AM
popcorn

Tigerlily
Jun 17th, 2006, 02:24 AM
I like beans now.

m.t.ness
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:52 AM
A rice cake smeared with almond butter and sprinkled with vegan chocolate chips!!!

Limey
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Cereal or pb&j

Steph
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Tofurky sausages with ketchup

Smoothie
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM
home made soy icecream:) and leftovers. ooh so good.

Zandi
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:55 AM
I go through snack phases, and my latest is vanilla soy yogurt. I usually chop up some nuts and some dark chocolate chunks into it too. :P

Yum, Smoothie! Your homemade soy ice cream sounds so good! I have not tried making my own ice creams or yogurts yet, but I hope to make the time for that someday.

assilembob
Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:59 AM
ditto on the popcorn.

also soy ice cream if I have it. yum.

Hemlock
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:32 PM
I've just given up crisps as me and the better half are on a health kick and eating freshly made food every day as I have 3 stone to lose and he needs to lose a bit too.
I've been trying out alternative healthy snacks and today found this in Waitrose....Mrs May's pumpkin crunch.
Fantastic!!! We shared a packet as it's quite high calorie. At first I thought it had honey in *ptooey* but it's vegan and sweetened with rice malt and orgnanic evaporated cane juice - tastes exactly like honey but labelled vegan.
Trouble is we didn't dare buy any more because we would have scoffed the lot:D

RedWellies
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:08 PM
You could maybe make your own vegetable crisps, Hemlock. I watched the dreaded Gillian McKeith make some on one of her programmes...it looked easy enough and like she said... cheap and healthy!

Also, Walkers "potato heads" aren't too bad as crisps go.

insubordination
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:41 AM
I know you probably don't have one but celery, carrot, sweet potato etc. is awesome in a dehydrator.

I also believe you can crisp vegies up in the microwave but I'm not sure how.

Roxy
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
I've just given up crisps as me and the better half are on a health kick and eating freshly made food every day as I have 3 stone to lose and he needs to lose a bit too.
I've been trying out alternative healthy snacks and today found this in Waitrose....Mrs May's pumpkin crunch.
Fantastic!!! We shared a packet as it's quite high calorie. At first I thought it had honey in *ptooey* but it's vegan and sweetened with rice malt and orgnanic evaporated cane juice - tastes exactly like honey but labelled vegan.
Trouble is we didn't dare buy any more because we would have scoffed the lot:D

I love that Mrs May's Crunch stuff! Here, we also get the Cashew Crunch, Sesame Crunch, Black Sesame Crunch, Almond Crunch, Banana & Peanut Crunch and Sunflower Crunch.

You can see the full variety here http://www.mrsmays.com/view_products.asp

Hemlock, what about rice chips? They are low cal and low in fat and come in some nice flavours such as BBQ.

Hemlock
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Crisps are too dangerous, worse than heroin. I have to wean myself right off:D

tofutofu
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hey

If you ever can't sleep..what do you eat? or like what do you eat before bed?! I read bananas are good & almonds. I need ideasssss:)