PDA

View Full Version : Vegan snacks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Tigerlily
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I try to drink Celestial Seasoning's "Sleepy Time" tea if I can't sleep. It actually works. I normally go to bed around 2am (and wake up at 11am or 12pm) but yesterday I need to sleep early so I can wake up early. I drank some Sleepy Time tea and I ended up sleeping sometime around 12:30am.

cedarblue
Oct 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
that tea sounds good tigerlily - thanks for the recommendation.

if i cant sleep i never get up from bed i just stick it out till i nod off.

if i eat something with a high cocoa content i dont sleep well and feel buzzy.

Dart
Oct 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Sleepy time tea is really good. Anything with valerian or skullcap (herbs) will do too (the main ingredient in the tea).
My ritual for getting to sleep is knitting lately. Calms my thinking down to just knit one, purl one (which is nothing fancy in the knitting world) and by the end of the week I have a scarf! It does take about 20 minutes to calm my mind down and get sleepy. Then of course my non sleepiness is due to thinking and not any stimulant from chocolate or coffee or pop.
I've tried meditation too and that worked (hard to calm the mind down sometimes). But with knitting I focus on something right away and I get a scarf in the end!:o

Windfall
Oct 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I also drink sleepytime tea or peppermint tea, and it works well. I try not to eat for a few hours before I go to bed, and if I cant sleep after like an hour, I just get up and do something else til I feel sleepy- its nothing worse than not being able to sleep!

tofutofu
Oct 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
i think i will try that bedtime tea. last night i had some bananas with soya milk over : that was nice:cool: and i got 7 hours sleep which is pretty darn good for me:)

nervine
Oct 18th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Just had 2 sweet potatoes with salt and garlic mayonnaise + live soy yoghurt with ground seed mix and tahini.

Very random but delicious!

Yoggy
Oct 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Noel Nog :D

(But I wouldn't exactly call it my "nighttime" snack, because I drink it any time of day :) )

Code_Vegan
Oct 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
I usually rock out the peanutbutter on a spoon and some juice or tea when i wake up in the night for munchies.

Risker
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Crisps/Peanuts/Popcorn

I'm currently eating roasted monkey nuts and home roasted and salted Squash seeds. I've also got some chocolate here but I think I'll probably leave that for the evening.

Russ
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
I'm currently eating roasted monkey nuts

:D

nervine
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:16 AM
spiced berry cordial + salted roasted peanuts! :p:D

so very addictive.. Thanks Dan and Jamie!

Where did you buy the stuff, it's almost empty :( ;)

Annie
Nov 2nd, 2006, 01:23 AM
Fruit fruit and more fruit

Annie
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Hope this hasn't been posted as a topic already :confused:

Just wonderin what y'all liked to snack on?

My personal fav snacks are:

a banana with peanut butter
any kind of larabar
fruit
nuts

I bought brown rice crackers today and am gonna try those with some apple butter for a snack tomorrow :D

Korn
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Hope this hasn't been posted as a topic already :confused:

Hi Annie, I just merged some threads about vegan snacks... :) Unfortunately, our search engine isn't smart enough to show threads with 'snack' in the title when searching for threads with 'snacks' in the title.

Pob
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I just discovered Whitworth's Wasabi Bean Mix. Found it in a Wholefoods section in Tesco.

It looks like yoghurt coated peanuts and raisins.....

But it's not. It's crunchy beans covered in rice flour and real wasabi. It's vicious I tells you!!

Gorilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:05 PM
i've had those. they're gorgeous - i don't like really hot chilli but wasabi is fantastic :D they do really burn but in a nice way! :)

Pob
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure it's actually real wasabi, but it does make it feel like your brain is being pulled out your nose if you shove a big handful in your mouth, so it's not bad!

Gorilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
haha, interesting analogy :) i haven't got the packet they came in any more and they don't seem to be on the Whitworths website so i'm not sure if it is real wasabi, but i had a feeling it was.

Pob
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I did too, but by all accounts real wasabi doesn't keep it's heat for long if exposed to the air or powdered.

mooli magic
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Pob:
I just discovered Whitworth's Wasabi Bean Mix. Found it in a Wholefoods section in Tesco. It looks like yoghurt coated peanuts and raisins.....But it's not. It's crunchy beans covered in rice flour and real wasabi. It's vicious I tells you!!

Pleeeease tell me "vicious" is a euphemism for 'these wasabi beans are the most foul, nauseating, vile, repugnant, unwholesome snacks ever to be manufactured' :D

Haniska
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I've been eating Nature's valley Peanut Butter granola bars.

xwitchymagicx
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Crisps (potato chips) usually. *sigh* I'm trying to cut down on my salt intake though! I wish my mum would just stop buying them!!

We don't really have snacks in the house...well not vegan ones, as I don't buy them often as I know I'll eat them. I'm stopping buying flour as I end up making my own!

Stezzy
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I

Stezzy
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I usually snack on rye crackers or rice cakes with hummus or sometimes pinto bean dip. I also like pumpkin and sunflower seeds. If I'm really hungry I'll have an extra bowl of cereal or some soup.

Jannan
Mar 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Clif bars. :)