PDA

View Full Version : Argh...

TXvegan
Sep 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
One colleague to another: "Oh, yeah, it's so healthy...it's got chicken in it."

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiaShel
Sep 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I know. Today on a show they were taking a vegetarian pasta recipe and wanted to make it a healthier version. So they added chicken and made it with chicken stock. :umm_ani: Yeah.

Kateee
Sep 14th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Oh, I've just heard a thing like this too... Yesterday, a classmate of mine said she wanted to start a diet and eat only healthy things as chicken, fish, milk and cheese :amazed_ani:. It kind of annoyed me, but I didn't say a thing, because she doesn't know I'm vegan and anyway, she gets angry so easy when someone tries to make her understand something that's above her understanding level. But that's it, some people just can't figure things out.

leedsveg
Sep 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I know. Today on a show they were taking a vegetarian pasta recipe and wanted to make it a healthier version. So they added chicken and made it with chicken stock. :umm_ani: Yeah.

Mind you, chicken soup is traditionally known as "jewish penicilin".

lv

Andy_T
Sep 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
LV, is that because of the antibiotics content of the typical chicken feed?

Katee, you might want to read up on the "China study", so next time your colleague discusses the healthyness of chicken, fish and milk, you might be able to contribute something to that - apart from the ethical side.

Seriously, since I have occupied myself with the "healthyness" of eating animal products, I often have good discussions with omni co-workers on whether to eat or not to eat animal products.

Best regards,
Andy

adam.rurka
Sep 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Being someone who used to eat 10 or more chicken breasts per week (gulp), I can definetly see where the person is coming from. I used to call it a health food too and truly believe that it was the case. I'm not sure when the masses will start to see that things like this are not true!