PDA

View Full Version : Fussy friend - suggestions!?!?

FaerieSuzy
Sep 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hi, am taking my friend for dinner tonight around Covent Garden area (London) but he doesn't want to go to a veggie restaurant (I'd originally suggested Neals Yard Salad Bar but after looking at the menu online he said there weren't enough meat options :rolleyes:), he doesn't eat pizza (so Pizza Hut and Pizza Express are out) and doesn't like Wagamama's. He said we'll decide when we get there but I kind of want to check menus out beforehand for hidden nasties.

Any suggestions???

Ta x

Andy_T
Sep 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
ahem, get a less fussy, preferably vegan friend instead?
I know, not much of a help, but my first gut feeling.

Other than that, have you tried SAF restaurant yet? Haven't been there, but would love to go there if I ever come to London.

Best regards,
Andy

Andy_T
Sep 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM
To be more precise - a person who knows that you are a vegan, but insists on going to a restaurant with lots of meat options when you want to go out with him doesn't sound so interesting to me.

Best regards,
Andy

FaerieSuzy
Sep 29th, 2011, 03:25 PM
true, he's not normally fussy about things. Must be one of those long-ingrained defensive things.... a deep rooted fear of trying anything veggie..!

harpy
Sep 29th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The Real Greek at top of Bow St (has vegan options on menu, or used to)
Sofra (Turkish, can't think of address but it's near Catherine Street)
Le Pain Quotidien in Piazza (normally has vegan options on menu or know what they are but may not be carnivorous enough for your friend)

Gwydion
Oct 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
Way too late to the table here, but if he is into curry you could have gone to Sagar. Although no meat options. Hope he was either more accommodating than it initially seemed, or you managed to find somewhere mutually suitable.

FaerieSuzy
Oct 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately Gwydion we just ended up going to Costa for a coffee :( and he's meant to be coming round tonight as he's just moved to London so I was going to make him dinner, but he said he'll eat before he comes round (avoiding my vegan meal) grrrrr soooo annoyed!

Gwydion
Oct 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Think ill refrain from commenting further ;)

Hope tonight goes ok besides.

FaerieSuzy
Oct 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
haha thanks, well his bf just told him off for being fussy, lol, so you never know, maybe he'll be a little more accepting next time!

Gwydion
Oct 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM
[Like Button]Press[/Like Button]

harpy
Oct 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Definite contender for the fussiness record there! Hope you and his bf manage to reform him.