PDA

View Full Version : Tofurkey

PixieStick
Sep 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Okay, so I'm getting used to meat alternatives. I'm used to Morningstar farms products, but they're only vegetarian not vegan. I bought the hickory smoked Tofurky, and I'm just not feeling it. Will I get used to it? I first hated the veggie-link hot dogs, but now I love them. So far I've been covering up the taste of the Tofurky with vegan pepper jack cheese. Any tricks on how to prepare it or better flavors?

missbettie
Sep 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I like it. I actually just finished a package.... how long have you been eatting vegan alternatives? Sometimes it takes a while to get used to them....I hated vegan cheese before, but now I LOVE it. :) And sometimes you just might never like it. No shame in that. :) processed food isn't the best thing in the world for you. Maybe you can try a couple of different brands? or some different flavors?

DiaShel
Sep 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
There's really no need for it so don't stress if you don't like them. I'm not big on them either. I guess they are convenient but there are lots of other simple sandwiches you can do- PB&J, tofutti cream cheese and jelly or cucumber, salad and hummus, etc.

Risker
Sep 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Like DiaShel said... If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Mary
Oct 1st, 2011, 12:40 AM
PixieStick, do you get Gardein products in your area? They are waaaay more convincing than tofurkey and yves meats. I tried Gardein's beefless tips back when I was omni and couldn't tell they difference. Also the "chick'n" strips are so real tasting, I had to double check the package. true story. I went into the freezer and double checked.