PDA

View Full Version : Falling off the wagon!

Sgable84
Oct 14th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Ok, so I was a wonderful vegan...feeling good, eating well...and then it happened. I was going through some troubling situations and I ended up falling off the wagon for about 2 months. :mad:
So anywho, I'm getting back on again and I was wondering if anyone knows any great detox tips to get all that ickyness out of my system?

Thanks a bunch!!

Risker
Oct 14th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Eat an activated charcoal capsule. When your s**t turns black you'll know whatever you've eaten has passed through you.

There's nothing to do to detox yourself, your body does that for you.

amethyst
Oct 14th, 2011, 05:09 AM
I did this years ago when I first went vegetarian. So far, it hasn't happened to me as a vegan. Starting over is the first step, and you are on your way. It's a new day, and you will be healthier and kinder from this moment forward. Allow yourself to get off your own back! :)

FaerieSuzy
Oct 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
get hold of some brand new recipes to kick start you back, and maybe get a few yummy vegan treats to remind you how delicious vegan goodies can be :D

CoolCat
Oct 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe you could adopt ethical veganism? Then when your diet turns to s**t because of a rough patch at least it would still be vegan.

Sgable84
Oct 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
:lol:

Glory
Oct 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Okay... you asked for a detox. This isn't really a detox and I must put the disclaimer that you should consult a medical doctor before blah, blah, blah... But when I'm feeling ucky, here's what I do for two days. Basically, it's just fruit & veg for two days. DON'T do it any longer then that.

Rules:
All fruits and vegetables except: corn, potatoes, limit one sweet potato per day
No dairy subs (soya, coconut cream, etc...)
No meat subs (tofu, tempeh, seitan, etc...)
No grains (1 plain rice cake allowed)
No sweeteners except agave

Caffeine is allowed, as long as you don't put any cream in your tea or cofee

Sometimes a plain rice cake is allowed, particularly if you feel as if you must have something "carby" or you will go off track.

I save the sweet potato for dinner and fake-bake it in the microwave.

I do allow vegan margarines on the list, a tiny bit of olive oil can be used for cooking, but I try to stay away from that. The more raw your diet for two days, the better you'll feel.

Salt, pepper, spices, are allowed as well.

Consistency
Oct 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Fresh carrot juice and lots of it!

leedsveg
Oct 21st, 2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe you could adopt ethical veganism? Then when your diet turns to s**t because of a rough patch at least it would still be vegan.
Very true CoolCat. When we come out of a "vegan diet" for whatever reason, we suffer and the animals suffer too. We can afterwards go back to the diet and detox, to recover our former good health but that doesn't of course nullify the harm we caused to the animals.:sad:

Leedsveg

CoolCat
Oct 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Very true CoolCat. When we come out of a "vegan diet" for whatever reason, we suffer and the animals suffer too. We can afterwards go back to the diet and detox, to recover our former good health but that doesn't of course nullify the harm we caused to the animals.:sad:

Leedsveg

My sentiment exactly. To be honest I was upset with the response I got from the OP earlier. So thanks for this.